The Kentucky common was a once popular recipe that originated in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Lost to Prohibition and recently resurrected, this has once again become a popular style of beer across the Bluegrass state and beyond.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Dreaming Creek Brewery 1792 Kentucky Common | California Common
- 7 lb 2-Row malt
- 1.5 lb Flaked Yellow Corn
- 0.5 lb Flaked Rye
- 0.25 lb Black malt (500 L)
- 0.25 lb Crystal 120L malt
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Cluster hops, 7% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.2 oz Cluster hops, 7% a.a. (30 min)
- 0.2 oz Hallertau Blanc hops, 10.5% a.a. (20 min)
- Safale US-05
- Original Gravity: 1.051
- Final Gravity: 1.011
- ABV: 5.2%
- IBU: 20.2
- SRM: 15.3
Single infusion mash at 152° F. Ferment at 65° F. Carbonate to 3 volumes CO2.