This export helles from Earth Rider Brewery was inspired by Augustiner Edelstoff, which founder Tim Nelson fell in love with on a trip to Bavaria. It’s alcohol percentage is above what a standard helles would be, and the hop character is also slightly elevated compared to a typical helles.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Earth Rider Brewery Precious Material Helles | Munich Helles
- 25 lb (11.3 kg) Bohemian Pilsner malt
- 3 lb (1.36 kg) Vienna malt
- 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) Munich malt
- 0.75 lb (0.34 kg) CaraHell malt
- 4 oz (113 g) German Tettnang hops (90 min)
- 2.5 oz (71 g) German Tettnang hops (15 min)
- German Lager yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.052 (12.8 P)
- Final Gravity: 1.010 (2.6 P)
- ABV: 5.5%
- IBU: 29
- SRM: 3
Single infusion mash at 152° F (67°C). Ferment at 52° F (11° C) until gravity reaches 1.018 (4.5 P), then raise fermentation temperature to 60° F (16° C) for diacetyl rest.