Brewed by Salisbury, Md.’s Evolution Craft Brewing Co., this American strong ale was originally brewed as a limited release in late 2015, and now you can brew it at home! This strong ale layers piney, citrusy American hop flavors over a rich malt base.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Evolution Craft Brewing Co. Crystal Row | Old Ale
- 12 lb Simpsons Golden Promise malt
- 1.15 lb Best Red X malt
- 1.0 lb Flaked Rye
- 8 oz Thomas Fawcett Dark Crustal (85°L)
- 8 oz Thomas Fawcett Crystal Rye (75°L)
- 3.5 oz Malteries Franco-Belfes Kiln Coffee (165 °L)
- 0.75 oz CTZ hops (60 min)
- 0.5 oz Cascade hops (10 min)
- 0.5 oz Cascade hops (whirlpool)
- 1.5 oz Columbus hops (whirlpool)
- 1.0 oz Chinook hops (whirlpool)
- 1.75 oz Cascade hops (dry)
- 1.5 oz Falconer's Flight 7Cs hops (dry)
- 1.5 oz Chinook hops (dry)
- 2 vials/packs of White Labs WLP001 or Safale US-05.
- Original Gravity: 1.068 SG
- IBU: 45
- Boil Time: 90 minutes
Mash grains and coffee at 148° F for 40 minutes. Raise mash to 156° F for 15 minutes. Set mash at 169° F for 5 minutes. Vorlauf for 15 minutes, runoff and sparge to collect ~ 7.5 gallons of wort.
Conduct a 90 minute boil.
Ferment at 66-68° F until terminal. Rack to secondary and dry hop for 4 days.