“I like big stouts and I cannot lie!” Exile Brewing Co‘s mocha stout is brewed with Brazilian coffee beans from their neighbors up the street, Horizon Line. Roasted coffee and chocolate bitterness balance its smooth malty sweetness.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Exile Brewing Company Sir Moch-A-Lot Mocha Stout | Sweet Stout
- 5.8 lb (2.63 kg) Pilsner malt
- 2.8 lb (1.27 kg) Golden Promise
- 2.0 lb (0.91 kg) Flaked Oats
- 1.2 lb (0.54 kg) Simpson brown malt
- 0.9 lb (0.41 kg) Chocolate malt
- 0.8 lb (0.36 kg) Caramel 45
- 0.6 lb (0.27 kg) Black malt
- 1.2 oz (34 g) Cascade hops, 5.5% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.2 lb Cacao Nibs
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Original Gravity: 1.069
- ABV: 7.1%
- IBU: 20
Single infusion mash at 154° F (68° C). Ferment at 68° F (20° C). Cold crash to 38° F (3° C) once fermentation has completed. Add cacao nibs for 5 days. Rack off of the cacao nibs and add fresh cold brew to taste. Carbonate to 2.0 volumes of CO2.