This hoppy red ale is brewed year-round at Flying Fish Brewing in Somerdale, N.J. and features Columbus, Chinook, and Cascade hops. The brewery recommends pairing Red Fish with bold foods like brisket, burgers, or grilled pork loin.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Flying Fish Brewing Co. Red Fish Hoppy Red Ale | Specialty Beer
- 17 lb 2-Row malt
- 3 lb Crystal 30
- 0.5 lb Crystal 60
- 1.8 oz De-bittered Black
- 0.3 oz any C-hop (60 min)
- 0.9 oz Northern Brewer hops (60 min)
- 0.7 oz any C-hop (15 min)
- 1.5 oz Summit hops (3 min)
- 0.5 oz any C-hop (0 min)
- 2.2 oz any hop, 11-13% a.a. (dry)
- 1.o oz any hop, 10-15% aa (dry)
- American Ale yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.063 (15.6 P)
- Final Gravity: 1.012 (3 P)
- ABV: 6.7%
Conduct a step mash. Mash in at 141° F, raise to 144° F for 15 minutes and rais again to 151° F for 35 minutes. Mash out at 168° F.
Conduct a 60 minute boil, following the schedule in the ingredients.
Ferment between 65-70° F. After fermentation is complete, add the dry hops.