This saison is a spring offering for Henniker Brewing Company and an in-house favorite. It is estery, has a light citrus notes and a dry, peppery finish.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Henniker Brewing Co. Rustique Saison | Saison
- 7.58 lb (3.44 kg) Pilsner malt
- 0.88 lb (0.40 kg) Malted wheat
- 0.26 lb (0.12 kg) Acidulated malt
- 0.25 oz (7 g) German Magnum, 12% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Mandarina Bavaria, 8.5% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Hull Melon, 7% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Mandarina Bavaria (dry hop)
- 0.5 oz (14 g) Hull Melon (dry hop)
- French Saison yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.054
- Final Gravity: 1.004
- ABV: 6.50%
- IBU: 25
Single infusion mash at 174° F (64° C) for 60 minutes. Conduct a 60 minute boil, adding ingredients as noted in the ingredients section. Whirlpool for 20 minutes. Transfer to fermenter at 70° F (21° C) and let rise to 80° F (26° C).