Day Tripper is a West Coast–style pale ale out of Minneapolis. Indeed Brewing describes Day Tripper as having a heady, dank, citrus-laced aroma supported by a complex and subtly sweet malt backbone.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Indeed Brewing Co. Day Tripper Pale Ale | American Pale Ale
- 5.5 lbs Briess Pale Malt
- 3.5 lbs Maris Otter
- 0.75 lbs White Wheat Malt
- 0.5 lbs Briess Caramel 20L
- 0.5 lbs Briess Carapils
- 0.25 lbs Briess Bonlander Munich Malt
- 0.25 oz Willamette (First Wort - 90 min)
- 1.5 oz Cascade (20 min)
- 1.5 oz Cascade (10 min)
- 0.5 oz Columbus (10 min)
- 0.5 oz Summit (10 min)
- 1.5 oz Cascade (0 min - flameout)
- 1.5 oz Columbus (0 min - flameout)
- 1 oz Summit (0 min - flameout)
- 1.5 oz Cascade (3 day dry hop)
- 1.5 oz Columbus (3 day dry hop)
- 1 oz Summit (3 day dry hop)
- Safale US-05 or Wyeast 1272
- Original Gravity: 1.052
- ABV: 5.4%
- Boil Time: 90 minutes
Single infusion mash at 150° F for 60 minutes. Conduct a 90 minute boil.
Ferment in primary at 67° F. Age one week in secondary.
Keg, or bottle with ~5 oz priming sugar and condition for 2 weeks.