Iron Monk Brewing‘s American amber ale is very malt-forward and smooth. They hear from fans all the time that this is their all-time favorite beer, and we think you’ll agree once you brew some yourself.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Iron Monk Brewing Co. Velvet Antler Amber | American Amber Ale
- 7.0 lb (3.18 kg) 2-row malt
- 2.0 lb (0.91 kg) Caramel 60L malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Munich Light malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Red malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Flaked Wheat
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Flaked Barley
- 0.4 oz (11 g) Simcoe hops (60 min)
- 0.3 oz (8 g) Cascade hops (0 min)
- Safale S-05
- Original Gravity: 1.045
- ABV: 4.6%
- IBU: 14
Mash at 154° F (68° C) for 60 minutes. Mash out at about 170° F (77° C) for 10-15 min. Sparge and lauter as usual. Boil for 60 min. Pitch yeast at 68° F (20° C). Ferment at 68° F (20° C). Secondary until clear.