Peeper Pale Ale was the first recipe the Kleban brothers perfected when they decided to open their brewery in 2009. Maine Beer Co. (Freeport, Maine) describes Peeper as dry, clean, and well balanced, with a generous dose of American hops.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale | American Pale Ale
- 8 lb Pale (2-row) malt
- 0.5 lb Vienna malt
- 6 oz Red Wheat
- 6 oz Carapils malt
- 0.25 oz Magnum hops, 10% a.a. (60 min)
- 0.15 oz Amarilla hops, 9.2% a.a. (10 min)
- 0.2 oz Cascade hops, 5.5% a.a. (10 min)
- 0.2 oz Centennial hops, 10% a.a. (10 min)
- 1.5 oz Amarillo hops, 10% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 2.0 oz Cascade hops, 5.5% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 2 oz Centennial hops, 10% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 2.5 oz Amarillo hops (dry)
- 2.5 oz Centennial hops (dry)
- Wyeast 1056
- Original Gravity: 1.047
- Final Gravity: 1.0065
Single infusion mash at 150° F.
Conduct a 60 minute boil, following the hop additions listed in the ingredients.
Ferment at 68° F. Dry hop after fermentation is complete.