Winter can be long and cold in Montana, leaving a beer with a bit more body to be desired. Outlaw Brewing has come to love this beer for its full body, rich mouthfeel, and utter deliciousness.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Outlaw Brewing Udder Maddness Chocolate Milk Stout | Sweet Stout
- 5 lb (2.27 kg) 2-row malt
- 10 oz (283 g) Flaked wheat
- 6 oz (170 g) Crystal 45
- 6 oz (170 g) Chocolate malt
- 5 oz (142 g) Flaked Oats
- 3.7 oz (105 g) Roasted barley
- 0.4 oz (11 g) Northern Brewer hops (60 min)
- 5 oz (142 g) Lactose Sugar (10 min)
- 0.4 oz (11 g) Fuggle hops (5 min)
- American ale yeast
- Chocolate (see instructions)
- Original Gravity: 1.058 (14.2 P)
- Final Gravity: 1.014 (3.6 P)
- ABV: 5.7%
- IBU: 21
Single infusion mash at 152° F (67° C) for 60 minutes. Add hops and lactose per recipe. Ferment at 68° F (20° C) until gravity drops to 1.024 (6 P), then allow to free rise to 70° F (21° C). After diacetyl rest, remove from yeast and cold crash. Add chocolate of choice (Outlaw Brewing prefers an organic cocao at a rate of 6 oz per gallon). Swirl carboy periodically for first day, then allow to settle for 4 days. Transfer off chocolate, carbonate, and enjoy!