A gold medal winner in the 2018 Great American Beer Festival and the 2018 Los Angeles International Beer Competition, this traditional witbier from Pedal Haus Brewery features Moroccan orange peel and coriander.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Pedal Haus Brewery Biere Blanche Belgian Witbier | Witbier
- 8.25 lb (3.74 kg) Pale Wheat malt
- 5.4 lb (2.45 kg) Pilsner malt
- 2.3 lb (1.04 kg) 2-row malt
- 1.4 lb (0.64 kg) Flaked Wheat malt
- 3.5 oz (99 g) Acidulated malt
- 1.75 oz (50 g) German Tradition hops, 4% a.a. (90 min)
- 5 oz (142 g) Dried Moroccan Orange Peel (1 min)
- 5 oz (142 g) Freshly Ground Coriander Seed (whirlpool)
- Westmalle yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.048
- Final Gravity: 1.009
- ABV: 5.10%
- IBU: 14
- SRM: 3.4
Step mash: 20 minutes at 122° F (50° C); 20 minutes at 149° F (65° C); 20 minutes at 158°F (70° C). Boil for 90 minutes, following the ingredient additions as listed. After boil, whirlpool for 20 minutes before chilling. Ferment at 65° F (18° C) until fermentation is complete. Conduct a diacetyl rest for at least 5 days. Do not use kettle coagulant and do not crash too fast or the yeast will drop the protein haze with it.