Tripel Horse has been the flagship beer of River Horse Brewing Co. since the company was founded in 1996. This dark-gold Belgian tripel has hints of clove, coriander and banana all packed into a 10% ABV beer.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
River Horse Brewing Company Tripel Horse | Belgian Tripel
- 13.5 lb (6.12 kg) Pilsen Malt (Cargill IdaPils)
- 1.125 lb (0.51 kg) White Wheat (Briess)
- 0.375 lb (0.17 kg) Crystal L15 (Great Western)
- 2 lb (0.91 kg) Dextrose (Corn Sugar)
- 0.4 oz (11 g) Chinook hops, 11.8% a.a. (45 min)
- 0.4 oz (11 g) Hersbrucker (Hallertau) hops, 2.0% a.a. (45 min)
- Whirlfloc (15 min)
- Yeast Nutrient (15 min)
- 1 oz (28 g) Saaz hops, 4.0% a.a. (5 min)
- 0.2 oz (6 g) Coriander, crushed (5 min)
- Belgian Trappist Yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.087 (21 P)
- Final Gravity: 1.011 (2.8 P)
- ABV: 10%
- IBU: 18
- SRM: 5
Single infusion mash at 148° F (64° C). Sparge at 165° F (74° C). Add dextrose as you bring wort to a boil. Conduct a 60 minute boil following schedule listed in the ingredients section (it is recommended to add the coriander in a muslin bag so it can be removed). After boil, whirlpool for 5 minutes and then let the kettle sit for 15 minutes. Chill to 72° F (22° C) and pitch yeast. Aerate. Ferment at 72° F (22° C) for 7-10 days, then cold condition for 7 days. Carbonate and enjoy!