Kristen & Orsolya England of Saint Paul, MN, member of the Saint Paul Homebrewers Club, won a gold medal in Category #9: Scottish and Irish Ale during the 2007 National Homebrew Competition Final Round in Denver, CO. England’s Scottish and Irish Ale was chosen as the best among 238 final round entries in the category.
To see other winning homebrew recipes from the 2007 National Homebrew Competition, visit our archive of National Homebrew Competition winners.
Kristen and Orsolya’s Scottish Light 60/- | Scottish and Irish Ale
- 6.0 lb (2.72 kg) Golden Promise pale malt
- 4.0 oz (113 g) roast barley
- 0.25 oz (7 g) Fuggle whole hops, 4.75% a.a. (60 min)
- Wyeast No. 1728 Scottish ale yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.034
- Final Gravity: 1.012
- ABV: 2.89%
- Mash grains at 150° F (66° C) for 90 minutes.
- Boil for 120 minutes.
- Primary fermentation for 5 days at 60° F (16° C) in glass.
- Forced CO2 to carbonate (2.5 vol).