Sean Kampshoff has been brewing beer at home for over a decade and was excited when he won the Lift Bridge Brewing Company‘s (Minn.) homebrew contest with his doppelbock that would be entered into the 2016 GABF Pro-Am Competition.
There were 91 beers judged in the 2016 Great American Beer Festival (GABF) Pro-Am Competition, each having humble beginnings in a kitchen, garage, or back patio. Each beer is an award winner before it even arrives to Denver, having already medaled at a Beer Judge Certification Program/AHA-sanctioned competition and been chosen by a professional brewer for the GABF competition.
Sean’s Bock Doppelbock | Doppelbock
- 24.5 lb. (11.11 kg) Munich malt
- 8 lb. (3.63 kg) Pilsner malt
- 5 lb. (2.27 kg) Caramel I Munich malt 60°L
- 0.8 oz. (22.5 g) Yakima Magnum pellet hops, 13.5% a.a. (60 min)
- 1.5 oz. (42 g) Hallertau pellet hops, 4.5% a.a. (30 min)
- White Labs WLP833 German Bock Lager Yeast (6 packages)
- 2 Servomyces (15 min)
- Whirlfloc tablet (15 min)
- Original Gravity: 1.085
- Final Gravity: 1.021
- ABV: 8.5%
- IBU: 24
- SRM: 20
Mash at 155° F (68° C) for 60 minutes with 52 quarts (49 L) of water.
Force carbonate with 2.4 volumes (4.8 g/L) of CO2.