This bright and delicious session IPA from Whetstone Craft Beers features Simcoe, Amarillo and Citra hops. While it’s hazy, aromatic and full of flavor, at just 4.5% ABV this crisp beer is perfect for when you’ve got thirst that needs quenching.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Whetstone Station Brewery Whetstoner Session IPA | American IPA
- 7 lb (3.18 kg) Pale (2-row) malt
- 1 lb (0.45 kg) White Wheat
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Crystal 30 malt
- 2.25 oz (64 g) Amarillo hops, 9.2% (whirlpool)
- 1.50 oz (42 g) Simcoe hops, 13% a.a. (whirlpool)
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Amarillo hops, 9.2% a.a. (dry hop)
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Citra hops, 13.4% a.a. (dry hop)
- 0.75 oz (21 g) Simcoe hops, 13% a.a. (dry hop)
- American Ale yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.045
- Final Gravity: 1.01
- ABV: 4.60%
- IBU: 36
- SRM: 4.8
Single infusion mash at 150° F (66° C). Sparge at 168° F (76° C). Boil 90 minutes, following hop additions as listed in the ingredients section. Ferment at 65° F (18° C) or within the range of the yeast used. After fermentation, add dry hops and let sit 2 days. Carbonate to 2.3 volumes of CO2.