The following statement was prepared by the candidate, and the views expressed do not necessarily represent those of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA).
To access all candidate statements and the voting ballot, visit the 2022 AHA Governing Committee Election page.
* * *
Hi, I’m Doug Piper and I’m excited for the opportunity to serve you on the AHA Governing Committee.
If elected I will:
- Prioritize creating new and more frequent AHA online content including fun and inspiring online live events.
- Grow AHA membership through new targeted online content that reaches beyond our existing membership to inspire new homebrewers to join our hobby.
- Serve as an AHA ambassador by promoting AHA in events and promote the art, science, and creation of quality beer.
- Present your interests to the AHA Governing Committee.
- Lend my online production experience to foster increased AHA membership.
I’m a passionate homebrewer, and over the past few years, I’ve produced hundreds of hours of free beer-focused live online events attended by thousands. Participation has grown rapidly, over 100X, including brewers from the USA, Canada, Europe, South America, and the South Pacific. Speakers include John Palmer, Charlie Bamforth, Vinnie Cilurzo, Phil Markowski, etc. discussing topics including Barrel Aging, Saison’s, Hop Biotransformation, Hazy’s and more.
I’m a Certified Cicerone, BJCP Beer and Mead judge working on advanced ranks. My online events are my way of sharing my beer research, as I prepare for future certifications. In addition, I’ve judged at over 40 homebrew and commercial competitions with many of you including National-Homebrewcon, GABF, Brussels Beer Challenge (Belgium) and Brazilian National Beer Competition. I’ve served on numerous corporate Boards, developed 15-patents, and have 35 years of aerospace business development experience.
If chosen to represent you on the AHA Governing Committee, I’ll prioritize your wishes and ensure your ideas are clearly presented to the AHA. Please consider voting for me and let’s work together to ensure the AHA continues to earn your membership.
Make every day more delicious, one sip at a time!