Here is a summary of the May meeting of your American Homebrewers Association Governing Committee (GC).
- The Governing Committee (GC) welcomed the return of Chris Frey to the committee after he won one of the three seats in the recent election. Jen Blair and Sandy Cockerham won re-election to their seats.
- The revised Governing Committee Bylaws have been posted for download on the AHA website. This opens a thirty day period for comment from the AHA membership
- The list of speakers for Homebrew Con 2021 has been posted on the AHA website. There will also be six informal meet-ups during the conference that will focus on New Homebrewers, Kviek, Club Management, Beer Bloggers, the AHA Forum, Honey Tasting, and Women in Homebrewing. These meetups will be moderated by members of the GC.
- The winner of the AHA Recognition award will be announced during a pre-recorded presentation at Homebrew Con.
- The GC and AHA staff are working on ways to address the decline in AHA membership over the past couple years.
- Finally, we thanked Debbie Cerda who is stepping down after nine years of service on the Governing Committee.