The American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) Governing Committee has instituted a Diversity Subcommittee. The Diversity Subcommittee will provide the AHA with ideas and advice to create a more diverse membership, encourage an inclusive community, and enhance member benefits for everyone. The Diversity Subcommittee is chaired by AHA Governing Committee members Debbie Cerda and Kathy Yan Li.
The Diveristy Subcommittee has established the following goals and tactics:
Goal 1: Establish an organizational structure within the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Tactic 1.1: AHA Governing Committee shall assemble a Diversity Subcommittee.
- Tactic 1.2: Allocate an annual budget for activities to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the AHA.
- Tactic 1.3: Annually review and report efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the AHA.
Goal 2: Collect, analyze, and disseminate data to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion within the AHA and across the homebrewing community.
- Tactic 2.1: Develop a data system to track AHA member and homebrewing community diversity metrics.
- Tactic 2.2: Set benchmarks and report on progress towards meeting benchmarks.
Goal 3: Actively recruit a diverse homebrewing community and AHA membership.
- Tactic 3.1: Develop and execute a plan to recruit a diverse membership to the AHA.
- Tactic 3.2: Develop mentoring programs that foster diversity and inclusivity within the homebrewing community.
- Tactic 3.3: Coordinate annual seminars, workshops, or community-engagement activities on equity, diversity, and inclusion at Homebrew Con.
- Tactic 3.4: Highlight contributions of a diverse membership to the AHA and the homebrewing community.
The AHA Diversity Subcommittee can be contacted via email.
About the American Homebrewers Association
The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering homebrewers to make the best beer in the world.
By joining the American Homebrewers Association, you are directly supporting the AHA’s ability to advocate on behalf of homebrewers across the United States and support homebrewing around the world. Members enjoy a number of exclusive benefits, including a subscription to Zymurgy® magazine and access to AHA Member Deals.