Women love beer and more women than ever (in recent history) are actively brewing professionally and at home. CraftBeer.com recently published an article by Julia Herz of the Brewers Association exploring the phenomenon and recognizing just a few of the women leading the way in homebrewing and the beer industry.
Here are just a very small few of the women leaders in homebrewing. Please add other women to this list by posting a comment to this story.
Influential women in homebrewing
- Leah Dienes: Louisville Area Grain Extract Research Society (LAGERS) & Fermentators of Special Southern Indiana Libations Society (FOSSILS)
- Kathryn Porter Drapeau: AHA Membership Coordinator
- Danny Exline: The Mazer Cup International Mead Competition
- Janis Gross: AHA Projects Coordinator & National Homebrew Competition Director
- Rocky Mesom: Central Florida Home Brewers & YEAR National Homebrewers Conference local committee member
- Alberta Rager: Bacchus & Barlycorn, Ltd. homebrew supply shop
- Susan Rankert (right): Ann Arbor Brewers Guild & 2009 National Homebrew Competition gold medal winner
- Jill Redding: Zymurgy Editor
- Susan Ruud: BJCP Judge & 2010 National Homebrewers Conference local committee member
- Kathy Stock: Saint Paul Homebrewers Club, 2010 National Homebrewers Conference local committee member & 2010 National Homebrew Competition gold medal winner