If you’re planning to host your own event for Learn to Homebrew Day on November 3, 2018, be sure to follow this guide to for tips on how to make it a success.
Plan to brew on Learn to Homebrew Day
- Register your AHA Learn to Homebrew Day event on HomebrewersAssociation.org.
- Post your event on well-known craft beer websites and blogs in your area, and local tourism event calendars.
- Post the event date and info on your own website, and use the AHA’s provided social media images to create a Facebook event, and regularly post about the event.
- Designate brew leaders and recruit fellow organizers to help you plan the event.
- Identify a location with brewing stations for your event.
- Connect with your local brewing community and invite them to be involved.
- If your organization/business is willing, we encourage you to plan your LTHD with a charitable aspect to it. Partner with a local food pantry or housing shelter to host your brew day as a canned food drive, or a coat drive, etc.
- Order complimentary copies Go Brew Yourself; an educational pamphlet from the AHA designed to introduce new people to the hobby in a fun, and easy way.
- Set up a meeting with confirmed participants & fellow organizers. Determine who is responsible for outreach, promotion, ingredients, brewing, food, etc.
- Post the editable AHA Learn to Homebrew Day Poster in beer-centric places around town (homebrew shops, brewpubs, breweries, bars, grocery stores, liquor store, etc).
- Send a save-the-date reminder to your email contacts and your local homebrew clubs. Tell them what the plan is for the big event and invite them to bring their friends.
- Promote your own AHA Learn to Homebrew Day recipe, with shopping list, so that brewers can plan ahead.
- Send a second message to your email contacts reminding them to participate.
- Highlight any updates or fun plans on social media to reinforce your email reminder.
- Send the Learn to Homebrew Day editable press release to local news outlets on the AHA-provided list of media contacts to promote your LTHD event.
- Confirm that all brewing equipment and ingredients are ready to go.
- Ensure the information on your website is up to date.
Week of Learn to Homebrew Day
- Final event reminders on social media using hashtag #LearnToHomebrewDay.
- Follow up with local media via phone or email and invite their coverage of your event again.
After Learn to Homebrew Day
- Thank everyone for coming and tell them to save the date for November 2, 2019!
- Send us pictures of your event. We might use them on the AHA website or in Zymurgy!