Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How do I include an image in my post?  (Read 24887 times)

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
How do I include an image in my post?
« on: October 25, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »
To include an image in a post:
1. Image must be linked from a website (such as flickr or photobucket or a private website), you cannot directly upload images to the AHA Forum
2. Put the cursor where ever you want to insert your image.
3. Select the "insert image" icon from the editor tool bar, which will insert "[ img][ /img]" into your post.
4. Insert the URL for the photo you want to include in your post between "[ img]" and "[ /img]"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:14:46 pm by garyg »
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline snax

• 1st Kit
  • Dude, Where's My Brew?
Re: How do I include an image in my post?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 11:52:05 am »
Searched forums but could not find -- I went to update my avatar, and it won't upload new and deleted my old.

What are the technical specs for avatars? Size and extension?

thanks!
debbie
Debbie "Snax" Cerda
Austin Zealots | Texas Carboys | Austin Homebrew Appreciation Society | Austin Women's Homebrew League
AHA Governing Committee 2012 - present | Diversity Subcommittee, Co-Chair  | Content & Resources Subcommittee

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 12:29:04 pm »
Searched forums but could not find -- I went to update my avatar, and it won't upload new and deleted my old.

What are the technical specs for avatars? Size and extension?

thanks!
debbie

Afraid I don't know.  Get in touch with Duncan.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Carson B

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 08:53:57 am »
Does this method require viewers to go to the third party site to view the image? When I enter the URL from google photos as described above, all I get is a question mark icon and you have to right click on that to view the picture in a separate page

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:06:55 am »
I have only been able to post photos using the Tapatalk app.  Click the icon that kinda looks like a "mountain in a box" on the bottom to add a photo.

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 01:22:56 pm »
I have only been able to post photos using the Tapatalk app.  Click the icon that kinda looks like a "mountain in a box" on the bottom to add a photo.
By far the easiest solution.   I've never gotten anything else to work even when it's supposed to.  And the app is free, no paying a third party host.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 03:11:20 pm »
By far the easiest solution.   I've never gotten anything else to work even when it's supposed to.  And the app is free, no paying a third party host.
I used to have a moderate level of success using Photobucket, but they changed up the program to make it less user friendly, so I pretty much avoid posting pictures.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 06:21:56 pm »
OK, I give up. How do you use Tapatalk from a laptop or PC to post pictures? Isn't it an app for mobile devices?
AHA Member

On Tap: APA - 1st brew on the new system!
On Deck: Kolsch, IPA

Offline Robert

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 06:36:09 pm »
OK, I give up. How do you use Tapatalk from a laptop or PC to post pictures? Isn't it an app for mobile devices?
Yea.  I frequently use my laptop to access the forum.   But use the mobile app to post pics.  Each has its own advantages.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 07:29:13 am »
Yea.  I frequently use my laptop to access the forum.   But use the mobile app to post pics.  Each has its own advantages.

+1
 I also find it easier to post pictures using my smartphone with Tapatalk rather than mess with other apps to try to get pictures posted to the forum from my PC. 
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 09:35:28 am »
Ok, maybe I've got some learning to do, but I just spent 15 minutes creating a post including several links to Photobucket for the Pimp my System sub-forum and it posted just fine, but showed only the links, and not the images. Frustrating, indeed. Why can't this forum fix the software issue so we can easily post pictures like we used to be able to?
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 09:51:00 am »
Ok, maybe I've got some learning to do, but I just spent 15 minutes creating a post including several links to Photobucket for the Pimp my System sub-forum and it posted just fine, but showed only the links, and not the images. Frustrating, indeed. Why can't this forum fix the software issue so we can easily post pictures like we used to be able to?

We use off the shelfmosftware and that's just the way it works.  I think we all hope for a solution.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 09:59:36 am »

... so we can easily post pictures like we used to be able to?

When was that?!  I never could.  Got the Tapatalk app, difficulty resolved at my end, better things to waste my time on than banging my head against problems somebody else can't fix.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 10:35:31 am »

... so we can easily post pictures like we used to be able to?

When was that?!  I never could.  Got the Tapatalk app, difficulty resolved at my end, better things to waste my time on than banging my head against problems somebody else can't fix.

I was wondering the same...

www.dennybrew.com

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 11:09:39 am »
You're right - now that I think about it I'm not sure I remember ever posting pictures to this forum... hmmm... well, good news is I got it to work with Tapatalk - thanks, guys! Now if I can just get my avatar to work...
AHA Member