Traditionally Marzens were lagered over the Winter months and were one of the first brews to be enjoyed during the new brewing season. Known for its light amber color and utilization of Noble Hops varieties this beer is truly a classic.
Marzen | Oktoberfest/Märzen
- 10.0 lb (4.88 kg) Belgian pale malt
- 1.5 lb (0.68 kg) TF Munich malt
- 0.75 lb (340 g) caramel Munich malt
- 0.25 oz (7 g) Horizon pellet hops, 12% alpha acid (60 min.)
- 1.0 oz (28 g) Hersbrucker pellet hops, 4% alpha acid (30 min.)
- 1.0 oz (28 g) Hallertauer pellet hops, 4% alpha acid (15 min.)
- White Labs WLP 830 German lager yeast
- Forced CO2 to carbonate (2.5 vol.)
- Original Gravity: 1.051
- Final Gravity: 1.014
- ABV: 4.8%
- IBU: n/a
- SRM: n/a
- Boil Time: 90 minutes
- Efficiency: n/a
- Pre-boil Volume: n/a
- Pre-boil Gravity: n/a
- Mash grains at 152° F (67° C) for 60 minutes.
- Primary Fermentation: 30 days at 52° F (11° C) in glass
- Secondary Fermentation: 180 days at 34° F (1° C) in steel
- "Initial sweetness that fades to a dry finish."
- "I would pay money for this beer."