Each year we ask Zymurgy magazine readers to share a list of their favorite beers that are commercially available in the United States.
We’ve tallied the votes, and here are the top-10 results for the 2020 Best Beers in America survey. Check out the November/December 2020 issues for the full results! You can also see the Best Beers in America results broken down by individual state.
All breweries marked with an asterisk (*) are small and independent craft brewers. The independent craft brewer seal is a helpful tool for you to easily identify and support #IndependentBeer. Learn more about small and independent craft breweries on CraftBeer.com.
Click on the hyperlinked beers for recipes you can brew at home!
Top 10 Ranked Beers
- 1. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale*
- 2. Russian River Pliny the Elder*
- 3. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale*
- 4. The Alchemist Heady Topper*
- 5. Bell’s Hopslam*
- 6. Three Floyds Zombie Dust*
- T7. Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale *
- T7. Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
- 9. Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA*
- 10. North Coast Old Rasputin*
Top 10 Ranked Breweries
- 1. Bell’s Brewery*
- 2. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.*
- 3. Russian River Brewing Co.*
- 4. Founders Brewing Co.
- 5. Dogfish Head Craft Brewery*
- 6. Tree House Brewing Co.*
- 7. Deschutes Brewery*
- 8. The Alchemist Brewery*
- 9. New Belgium Brewing Co.
- T 10. Firestone Walker Brewing Co.* / Stone Brewing*