Enter your homebrew club to win $1,000!
A great homebrew club does many things in addition to brewing. These clubs also focus on experimenting, learning, education and volunteer work. Exceptional clubs work hard make an impact on their community.
The Radegast Club of the Year Award, named for the Slavic god of hospitality and the creator of beer, is an achievement not obtained through competition, but an award won for doing great things. The award will be given once a year and announced at Homebrew Con.
Submission deadline: March 31, 2019
To win this award, AHA-registered clubs have to show what activities set them apart as an awesome group in their community.
Clubs are judged on the following criteria:
- Diversity: What efforts does your club make to include people of different backgrounds, genders and ethnicities?
- Philanthropy: What charitable efforts does your club make within its community? What sort of accomplishments are made through charity and philanthropy?
- Homebrewing Promotion: How does your club promote the hobby of homebrewing? In what ways is your club spreading the joys of homebrewing?
- Brewing & Teaching: How does your club promote the hobby of homebrewing? In what ways is your club spreading the joys of homebrewing?
- Presentation: Provide a maximum of 2 attachments that further demonstrate why your club should be the Radegast Club of the Year. This can include anything from an informational one-sheet to a video.
- Overall Awesomeness: Overall, tell us what makes your club so awesome! This can be a summary of your club’s proposal as to why you should be the next Radegast Club of the Year.
- Size/Age Relativity: Just because your club is new, or small, doesn’t mean that it can’t leave a big footprint! Radegast submissions are judged with club achievements relative to the club’s size & age.
A homebrew club cannot win the award two years in a row. Please only enter one submission per homebrew club!
How to Enter
Entry form submissions for the 2019 Radegast Club of the Year Award are due by March 31, 2019. Follow the prompts in the form to submit a complete proposal for your homebrew club. If you need help with the form or have questions, please contact us.
Entries will be reviewed and voted on by an impartial panel of judges from the AHA Governing Committee. Remember, the award will be announced at the 2018 Homebrew Con!
2018 – Oregon Brew Crew – Portland, OR
2017 – Heart of the Valley Homebrewers – Corvallis, OR
2016 – The Hogtown Brewers – Gainesville, FL
2015 – Maltose Falcons – Woodland Hills, CA
2014 – Carolina BrewMasters – Charlotte, NC