Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What is cooking today?  (Read 41528 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
What is cooking today?
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2023, 01:01:47 pm »
Wings and poppers on the smoker. Kölsch in the glass. College football on TV.

Gotta hand it to Dieter yeast. It has cleared faster than any Kölsch yeast I’ve ever used and coupled with Edelweiss hops made a great beer.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 01:49:45 pm by BrewBama »

Offline BrewBama

Re: What is cooking today?
« Reply #466 on: September 07, 2023, 01:47:23 pm »

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #467 on: September 07, 2023, 02:29:21 pm »
A Mexican meatloaf and a few Jalapeno poppers, stuffed with cream cheese and chopped jalapeno/cheddar sausage. Wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with Hatch chili seasoning. Done on kettle @275 +/- 25, over B&B lump.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 02:30:56 pm by Bob357 »
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #468 on: September 07, 2023, 05:10:00 pm »
Well not technically cooking but I picked close to a bushel of hungarian hot peppers that I grew from a dozen plants. A great yield this year from just 12 plants. Just finishing up processing them. Hungarian hots are washed, cap removed, slice down the side then run through the food processor with a 6MM slicing blade. All peppers get an overnight soaking in salt. In the morning I add white vinegar and let sit another 8-10 hours to slightly pickle them. Remove peppers from the brine, add a 50/50 blend of olive oil and canola oil, Sicilian oregano from the garden that's been dried, garlic from the garden and fill pint jars. Add oil to a 1/2" of top and water bath for 10 mins. Honestly, if you've never had peppers in oil you don't know what you're missing!!

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #469 on: September 07, 2023, 08:53:26 pm »
Well not technically cooking but I picked close to a bushel of hungarian hot peppers that I grew from a dozen plants. A great yield this year from just 12 plants. Just finishing up processing them. Hungarian hots are washed, cap removed, slice down the side then run through the food processor with a 6MM slicing blade. All peppers get an overnight soaking in salt. In the morning I add white vinegar and let sit another 8-10 hours to slightly pickle them. Remove peppers from the brine, add a 50/50 blend of olive oil and canola oil, Sicilian oregano from the garden that's been dried, garlic from the garden and fill pint jars. Add oil to a 1/2" of top and water bath for 10 mins. Honestly, if you've never had peppers in oil you don't know what you're missing!!

i cant do hot peppers anymore. i basically overdosed on them over a period of years and now im very sensitive.

but fresh oregano is a ZERO maintenance herb, my number one recommended  easy food plant to grow. it isnt too strong and i grow so much i can basically make a salad out of it

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2023, 05:22:17 pm »
Chuckie 1/3 burnt ends 2/3 pulled

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #471 on: December 02, 2023, 01:52:32 pm »
oven ribs, hours at 225F then raised to 450F for 30 mins or so with sauce on

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #472 on: January 01, 2024, 08:32:19 am »
Made some Indian food for NYE. Pineapple chaat, ans pakora with green chutney, tamarind chutney and yogurt with black salt are shown. Also made a dal, squash coconut curry, and parantha (flaky flatbread)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #473 on: January 01, 2024, 10:40:13 am »
Made some Indian food for NYE. Pineapple chaat, ans pakora with green chutney, tamarind chutney and yogurt with black salt are shown. Also made a dal, squash coconut curry, and parantha (flaky flatbread)

i was personally tempted hard to get indian for new years like we've done for a few years now, but not everyone is super hyped about it and some cant get over certain dishes being very spicy. we ordered really good chinese. "real" (i dont like this term, but i mean chinese, not chinese-american/canadian) food is rapidly overtaking the chinese-north american style (deep fried stuff in sweet and sour sauces, greasey noodles, plain fried rice, etc) here to the point of those old-style places generally being at a minimum 20 years old, grungey signs etc.

the one indian place that stood out to me a lot was a "south indian" with the focus on rice idlis, strong and tangy sauces/curries with it and a seriously decent fish curry and where we live fish is RARELY done well and is simply the frozen bulk tilapia stuff.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2024, 09:28:12 am »
Homemade pasta. Tortellini with homemade ricotta filling and tomato onion butter sauce and ravioli stuffed with duck and mushrooms in sage brown butter.

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #475 on: January 15, 2024, 09:48:39 am »
Homemade pasta. Tortellini with homemade ricotta filling and tomato onion butter sauce and ravioli stuffed with duck and mushrooms in sage brown butter.

Stuffed with DUCK??!!  That's despicable!
 ;)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #476 on: Today at 08:21:20 am »
I can't have corned beef because of my alpha gal syndrome so I corned some duck breast.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #477 on: Today at 10:13:27 am »
Corned Duck. Nice.

My wife doesn’t like Corned Beef so we make Cabbage Stew