Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Log out...log in...log out...log in...  (Read 23702 times)

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
Re: Log out...log in...log out...log in...
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:35 pm »
Carl, I think you know that's not the reason.

I'll ask Cindy to look at this thread and hopefully reply.

To be fair, I'll ask again; why the upgrade?

Unanswered questions lead to speculation after a while, no?
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »
AFAIK, a it of it was for "security" reasons.  Maybe Drew can give a more complete answer.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

coolcindy

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 05:29:07 pm »
Hi all,
In response to the NEW button issue I've replied on this ongoing specific thread: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?board=22.0

Regarding the "Unread" and "Replies" button being so close to the AHA banner - GMAC can you clarify are you viewing on your phone? Screen cap would help me make sure I'm understanding.

We waited a couple of years before upgrading the forum. We waited until the latest version was out of Beta testing. The new version fixed a long list of bugs and improved security. I appreciate the feedback and we will try and repair what we can access with reasonable effort and resources. However programming a new function or making significant changes is not really in the cards.

And thanks to Denny and the other moderators for bringing problems to our attention.

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:13 pm »
I'm on a PC and the unread button is very close to the active AHA logo link.

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 05:44:00 pm »
Maybe Drew can give a more complete answer.

Security and a few other features we're hoping to take advantage of with our future efforts, but primarily security.

As for the idea that this costs the AHA less, not a chance - this is costing a bunch more than continuing to use the old software.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 06:09:06 pm »
Hi all,
In response to the NEW button issue I've replied on this ongoing specific thread: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?board=22.0

Regarding the "Unread" and "Replies" button being so close to the AHA banner - GMAC can you clarify are you viewing on your phone? Screen cap would help me make sure I'm understanding.

We waited a couple of years before upgrading the forum. We waited until the latest version was out of Beta testing. The new version fixed a long list of bugs and improved security. I appreciate the feedback and we will try and repair what we can access with reasonable effort and resources. However programming a new function or making significant changes is not really in the cards.

And thanks to Denny and the other moderators for bringing problems to our attention.

It doesn't matter if I'm on my phone, tablet or PC, the Unread and Replies buttons are too close the the AHA logo which means half the time I end up back at the home page instead of going where I want.  Before they were lower and to the right, above the text box and I had no issues.  Now I have issues. 

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:27 pm »
Hi all,

It doesn't matter if I'm on my phone, tablet or PC, the Unread and Replies buttons are too close the the AHA logo which means half the time I end up back at the home page instead of going where I want.  Before they were lower and to the right, above the text box and I had no issues.  Now I have issues.
Yes the "unread" button is so close to the AHA banner using any computer, not just a phone or an ipad, that the AHA website is often opened by mistake.  On my ipad, I sometimes close the browser when trying to hit the "unread" button.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:43 pm »
I have to admit that I've opened the AHA homepage many times while trying to hit the unread button, but mostly from my iphone.
Ron Price

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »
Considering how long it took to get registered, I wasn't going to complain.  At least I'm able to log back in!  When I joined a few weeks ago, the registration was not working and bluesman helped me get signed up!
Scott B

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 08:32:52 am »
Still waiting for answers to: why were the changes made?

Because if nothing ever changed, we'd all be driving a Chevy Nova.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:25 am »
Still waiting for answers to: why were the changes made?

Because if nothing ever changed, we'd all be driving a Chevy Nova.

Hey!  I had a '71 Nova that was a Screamer!  Wish I still had it.
I always thought the Spanish translation was amusing though, "No va."  :o
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

coolcindy

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:58:52 am »
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I'll be working with our Web Architect when he is back from vacation. We will be testing it out the fixes/adjustments on our development server prior to changing anything on the live site.

Thanks for your patience.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »
Thanks for your efforts, Cindy.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 01:38:01 pm »
Thanks Cindy.  We can be really patient as long as we feel like someone is working on it. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »
Your welcome Cindy...and thank you for trying to work this out!  :)
Ron Price