Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Log out...log in...log out...log in...  (Read 23699 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Log out...log in...log out...log in...
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »
I'm probably the only one that has this problem but why do the "Unread" and "Replies" button have to be so close to the AHA banner?  I'm always going to hit unread or replies and hitting the banner instead which takes me to the AHA home page instead of where I want to go.  It's particularly a pain on my iPad/iTouch where my sausage like fingers often seem to end up grazing the wrong thing, even when I blow the screen up.  Yes, I can hit back and get back to the spot I was at...

Not a major issue and maybe I'm the only one but I wish they were a little further from the AHA banner. 
OK, I feel better now.

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: Log out...log in...log out...log in...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 05:13:45 pm »
I'm probably the only one that has this problem but why do the "Unread" and "Replies" button have to be so close to the AHA banner?  I'm always going to hit unread or replies and hitting the banner instead which takes me to the AHA home page instead of where I want to go.  It's particularly a pain on my iPad/iTouch where my sausage like fingers often seem to end up grazing the wrong thing, even when I blow the screen up.  Yes, I can hit back and get back to the spot I was at...

Not a major issue and maybe I'm the only one but I wish they were a little further from the AHA banner. 
OK, I feel better now.
No, you are not alone.  We have discussed this before, but it seems the powers that be ignore our plight.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:03:38 pm »
It's a horrible thoughtless place to leave them. :(
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:12:57 pm »
No, you are not alone.  We have discussed this before, but it seems the powers that be ignore our plight.

From nearly two months ago:

GO UP and GO DOWN both work OK but NEW and LAST don't on my iPhone running Safari.

What's really annoying is the proximity of the UNREAD and REPLIES to the AHA logo/hotspot and the URL entry field on my phone's screen.  With my fat fingers when I try to click on REPLIES or UREAD, as often as not I miss and end up going to the AHA homepage or open the URL entry screen on my phone.

Would it be possible to move those two functions to a more easily accessable location?

I'm all for new and improved, but change for the sake of change seems silly, especially if the new is worse than the old.  Am I not seeing the improvements?  Are there any?

Still waiting for answers to: why were the changes made?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »
This.

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:58 pm »
I'd be as happy as a rooster in a hen house if they'd just move that unread button away from the AHA logo.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:36:10 pm »
Still waiting for the button to work.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:41 pm »
I am guessing, based on the minimal amount of response and total lack of repair, that the only advantage of the new forum software over the old is that the new doesn't cost as much as the old.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 09:04:41 am »
Carl, I think you know that's not the reason.

I'll ask Cindy to look at this thread and hopefully reply.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:05:00 am »
Still waiting for the button to work.
Ditto......... It just takes me to the top of the page of the new post, not directly to the new post.

Same thing happens when I post. It used to return me to my post but now it goes to the top of that page... :(
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:52 am »
I've contacted Cindy.  There's a web team meeting at the AHA today and this issue will be discussed.  She said she'd post here afterwards.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:01 am »
I've contacted Cindy.  There's a web team meeting at the AHA today and this issue will be discussed.  She said she'd post here afterwards.
I doubt anything will happen.  Sorry if I seem pessimistic, but this is not a new problem.  It is an issue we have been talking about since the upgrade.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 11:48:28 am »
My understanding is that it's a question of the $$ to hire someone to fix it.  Don't want to speak for the AHA, though, so we'll wait for Cindy.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Log out...log in...log out...log in...
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 12:25:14 pm »
Well, you know, some of us here are web developers and would gladly do the work gratis.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 12:47:32 pm »
Well, you know, some of us here are web developers and would gladly do the work gratis.

Yeah, I know that Phil.  Hopefully, Cindy will read this and let you know if that's a possibility.

www.dennybrew.com