Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: force carbonation  (Read 11128 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: force carbonation
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 10:44:07 am »
Also it helps to have some headspace in the keg. If you fill it to the weld then you'll not have much room for quick-carbing by agitation. Leave out another quart and the beer will have more co2 to accept.

I like to crouch with the chilled keg upright and between my knees and vigorously rock it back and forth with the co2 disconnected. About four blasts with the regulator set at max and the keg is carbed in less than 2 minutes.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline eaholljr

• Cellarman
force carbonation
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »

Forced carbonation at 30 psi with 50 shakes and ready in an hour. Temp in kegerator is ~ 40oF. Yum! IPA baby!
IPA makes my day!

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »
So jealous. Will have to start kegging soon.
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »

Forced carbonation at 30 psi with 50 shakes and ready in an hour. Temp in kegerator is ~ 40oF. Yum! IPA baby!

That's the ticket! Ooh I'll have to have one just like it when I get home.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis