Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Beers  (Read 16462 times)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
NHC Beers
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:04:45 pm »
So, I was reading in the single malt beer thread about people making beers for NHC, and I thought, "We should have a thread where people can say what kind of beer they are making"

I am considering doing a Mocha Mild with about 1quart of cold-brewed coffee, and Cacao nibs. I am not sold on it, but I do need to get brewing here pretty soon.

Also, the homebrew club I am in is going to 12 bar brews on Saturday to brew an Imperial Rye IPA called Slow Rye'd. It will be on tap on pro-night.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: NHC Beers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »
Our club is bringing a total of 218 gal. of beer for club night and the hospitality suite.  Probably more just for personal consumption.  I'm bringing a Wee Shroomy, a Tofu Pale Ale, Rye IPA, Waldo Lake Amber, and a Belgian/American IPA.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:45 pm »
Denny, only 218? Slackers! :)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:37 pm »
Who was the big winner in San Diego...QUAFF?

Something like 130+ kegs.  :o
Ron Price

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
NHC Beers
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52:01 am »
Denny, only 218? Slackers! :)

We're going for quality, not quantity!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ghumphrey

• Cellarman
  • Highlands Ranch, CO
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:52 am »
Our club is bringing about 50 gallons (only seven members can attend this year due to the conference selling out so rapidly). For the most part, we're going with a "single rare hop" theme with members bringing beer made with Nelson Sauvin, Sapphire, Delta, Brambling Cross, Sorachi Ace, Calypso, and Extra Styrian Dana hops. Of course, there will be some special ones as well.

We'll definitely be at club night - again with commemorative t-shirts in hand for sale. We'll also be serving at the hospitality suite just before the grand banquet, so stop on by for a roadie before heading there.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »
Our club is bringing a total of 218 gal. of beer for club night and the hospitality suite.  Probably more just for personal consumption.  I'm bringing a Wee Shroomy, a Tofu Pale Ale, Rye IPA, Waldo Lake Amber, and a Belgian/American IPA.

Waldo Lake Amber?  Gonna have try that one Denny......   

Offline tfries

• Cellarman
  • Cheshire, OR
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 11:22:34 pm »
Denny and I are in the same club  :)  My wife and I will be bringing a Wild Rice Lager, Hoppy Strong Ale aged on Mesquite (recipe was in Zymurgy a few years ago), a Rogue Charlie clone using Zythos, a Belgian Quad, and possibly the batch we just brewed last week.  That was our 300th batch.  That one was patterned after Rogue's batch 10,000.

Cascade Brewers Society

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:24:07 am »
Can't wait to try your beers, Tom!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 10:22:58 am »

+1

...and yours too Denny.  :)
Ron Price

Online denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 10:45:20 am »

+1

You'll have a chance, Ron, but a word to the wise....Tom's beers are generally better than mine!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline wonderbread23

• 1st Kit
    • Homebrewers Guild of Seattle Proper
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 09:32:58 am »
While I am personally bringing 9 beers, I'm most proud of what my club has been able to put together.  We're bringing 45 kegs being poured over 2 hospitality shifts and club night.  Highlights include:

- A Russian Imperial Stout brewed at Naked City and aged in a Woodinville Whiskey barrel (along with a homebrewed version of it)
- A sour beer aged in a wine barrel that can be sampled alongside a stainless steel version of the same beer
- 4 beers that have been brewed as part of the GABF Pro-Am Competition
- 4 beers with different recipes, but all taking a shot at cloning Pliny the Younger
- 7 beers entered into the second round of the National Homebrew Competition (our club has 15 beers in round 2)

This is coming from the Homebrewers Guild of Seattle Proper.  You can see our full tap list here.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
NHC Beers
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 05:07:23 pm »

+1

You'll have a chance, Ron, but a word to the wise....Tom's beers are generally better than mine!

I'll keep that in mind Denny. :)
Ron Price

Offline wetpaperbag

• 1st Kit
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 01:59:24 am »
The club I'm in is bringing just over 100 gallons of brew.  For me I'm bringing a Malt Liquor...yes a Malt Liquor which will be served at both the hospitality suite and club night.  One member is bringing a cask set up which should be pretty sweet.  His home set up is amazing.  Can't wait to try the beer everyone else brought to the event!  Should be good times.

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 11:13:53 am »
So, my Triple M (Mocha Munich Mild) Ale will be at the hospitality suite on Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30pm. You should all come by and try it.