Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela  (Read 4302 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:39:19 am »
Had this beer last night and enjoyed it immensely. Of course if the bottle had not told me there was pumpkin in there I would have thought it was a Saison or more precisely a Grisette. The price of admission was a little steep, but it was pretty tasty. Of course I have NEVER had a pumpkin beer where the pumpkin was showcased and I'm not convinced pumpkin in and of itself has much aroma and flavor character in finished beer.  ;D

http://mashbang.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/wheres-the-beef/
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
Re: Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 12:03:33 pm »
Next to their stout, this is my favorite JP seasonal.

As with all JP beers, I can never decide whether I like them better fresh or with a year of age.

Hope you used the dregs - great bugs!
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/

Offline Duke

• Retailers
  • 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:07:08 pm »
Had this beer last night and enjoyed it immensely. Of course if the bottle had not told me there was pumpkin in there I would have thought it was a Saison or more precisely a Grisette. The price of admission was a little steep, but it was pretty tasty. Of course I have NEVER had a pumpkin beer where the pumpkin was showcased and I'm not convinced pumpkin in and of itself has much aroma and flavor character in finished beer.  ;D

http://mashbang.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/wheres-the-beef/

Had this beer myself for the first time the other night.  I thought it was a pretty great beer although I'll agree the pumpkin was a little subtle.  At $8.00 for a 750, I didn't feel it was overly expensive for a Jolly Pumpkin beer.  I would certainly buy it again.

Prost,

Duke
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - Frank Zappa

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:08 am »
$8? Try nearly $15 with a discount applied...

I didn't find any pumpkin in it, of course I have never found much pumpkin in any pumpkin beer.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 04:05:20 pm »
I had traded for it in the past, then bought one when I found it in St Louis.  Damn good stuff.  I'd love to have another bottle if I can find it locally now...

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »
I'd love to be able to find any JP locally. No Texas distribution. I do have a bottle of Bam Noire I snuck out of Colorado.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »
$8? Try nearly $15 with a discount applied...

I didn't find any pumpkin in it, of course I have never found much pumpkin in any pumpkin beer.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I live less than an hour away from the brewery and no people 3 states over that get it cheaper than I do.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan