Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 1 step closer!  (Read 9730 times)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
Re: 1 step closer!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 12:19:23 am »
looks like I may have found my freezer on craigslist. will call the guy tomorrow and see if is as big as it looks and if it is still available. With some really good luck, I might even be able to convince him to deliver it to me.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:31 am »
Hehe buy the suckers even if you can't use them right away! Only getting more expensive and rarer by the day.

I have 16 kegs and only use two at a time normally. Now I have big plans to fill them all since two 7cu freezers enable me to ferment quite a bit of beer. One is for lagers though and it can be easily tied up for 6-8 weeks per batch.

My thoughts are: lagers once lagered and racked off the yeast- perhaps after a stay in a bright-tank- they should keep well in a cool spot in the house. But! I am considering another freezer purchase... Which would bring me to 4. ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 08:05:19 am »
Good question. I'm up to three 7.5cf chests, and two small conversion refrigerators. That takes care of 16 kegs. Any more and I'll need a walk in for sure. :)

And again -- Dammmmmmmmmmmmn...
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline rob_f

• Assistant Brewer
  • Corcoran Brew Works, Maryland
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 03:07:09 pm »
My garage serves as a walk-in cooler for the next couple of months.  I'll have a couple of overflow kegs out there.  Some years I have to step up my drinking come spring.
Rob Farrell
AHA
CRABS

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 06:06:25 pm »
Alright, looks like I am set for kegging. 4 kegs (+1 borrowed), CO2 tank, regulator, gas tube (need a couple more), Picnic Tap (need a couple more of these too). The temperature controller is on its way from MoreBeer (they had a deal last week for $10 off) and it looks like I just got my hands on a 18cf Chest freezer for $100 off craigslist. I told the lady I would pay her $50 for the drive down to my condo (she is about 25-30 miles away). I am so close I can taste it! looks like I might need a couple more kegs :D

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 10:14:14 pm »
Muahahahhaha! ;D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
Re: Re: 1 step closer!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 07:57:04 am »
Alright, looks like I am set for kegging. 4 kegs (+1 borrowed), CO2 tank, regulator, gas tube (need a couple more), Picnic Tap (need a couple more of these too). The temperature controller is on its way from MoreBeer (they had a deal last week for $10 off) and it looks like I just got my hands on a 18cf Chest freezer for $100 off craigslist. I told the lady I would pay her $50 for the drive down to my condo (she is about 25-30 miles away). I am so close I can taste it! looks like I might need a couple more kegs :D

A couple more kegs? Trust me on this one... You'll need a couple more DOZEN kegs.
Mark Gres

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Re: 1 step closer!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 08:01:43 am »

A couple more kegs? Trust me on this one... You'll need a couple more DOZEN kegs.

Too true!

I have 14 kegs, a 4 tap converted chest freezer.  The only thing keeping me from buying more is that ugly look I get from SWMBO when I mention the idea.  8^)

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 02:35:15 pm »

Here is the finished Keezer, 18cf, plenty of space.

And here is one of the first pints I pulled off of my keg! Tasty!

I know you all like to see these projects come to an end, so I figured I would post the update.

Now I need more kegs...

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »
Very nice, Marc!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 08:30:45 pm »