Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend - 6/1 edition?  (Read 7222 times)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend - 6/1 edition?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 02:09:52 pm »
Maybe some D-resting and keg cleaning. Other than that this weekend is for the garden. 

Beersk- You wont regret the collared freezer. 
Yeah, looking forward to it. I think a fridge setup is really what I'd want because I could store hops in the freezer, have bottles and kegs in the fridge part. It'd be a multipurpose appliance. But I already have the chest freezer and a Haier kegerator with a tower. I plan to use the current kegerator as a fermentation chamber and since I ferment in kegs, I can still get three in there.  Win-win! Maybe someday I'll still do the fridge conversion though.

That's a nice idea but when I put the fridge downstairs it ended up being an extension of the kitchen.  I have a few hops in the freezer and a few bottles of beer in the fridge door but the rest is claimed by SWMBO and the tax credits.  I'm not sure how we went from 1 - 18cf fridge to a 24cf and an 18cf and still don't room to lager a beer.  8^)

Paul

Maybe your basement isn't scary enough. ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 02:48:09 pm »
Ha! Man, that sucks!
Jesse

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 02:55:54 pm »
That's a nice idea but when I put the fridge downstairs it ended up being an extension of the kitchen.  I have a few hops in the freezer and a few bottles of beer in the fridge door but the rest is claimed by SWMBO and the tax credits.  I'm not sure how we went from 1 - 18cf fridge to a 24cf and an 18cf and still don't room to lager a beer.  8^)

You need to be like me and have 2 fridges in the garage for serving beer and 2 chest freezers in the basement for fermenting/lagering  ;)

I don't know what I am brewing yet. Tomorrow is the FOTR Iron Brewer day so I will decide when I show up and find out what the ingredients are.  :o

Tonight I will be packing up my vehicle with my portable (somewhat) propane fired brew rig, racking 10 gallons of Saison into secondary, and hopefully if I have time working on my new electric brewery in the basement. Time for water leak tests.
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »
Made 10 gallons of Flanders Red on Saturday and a 5 gallon batch of cream ale today.  I am officially maxed out with 13 cornies, three 5 gallon batches in primary, and three 10 gallon batches in primary.  Since I haven't had a big group over in a few weeks, my inventory has grown considerably (especially with some of the aging beer that will be around for quite some time).  But a neighbor donated his medium sized chest freezer to me, so I have that on a separate external thermostat at 35F for lagering in cornies and can use the other chest freezer solely for lager primaries.  Not complaining, but I realize that lagers can get backed up with the time they take to become ready to consume, so I should be more mindful of having more ales in the rotation.  Bottled 6 pints and a growler for my niece, so some of it will be enjoyed tonight while the family watches hockey after a full weekend of grad parties.  Phew, I will be glad to get back to the desk tomorrow.....
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »
5 gals of French Saison and 5 gals of generic lager as a starter for a 20 gal German lager brew coming up in a few weeks.