Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: first glance  (Read 6696 times)

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
first glance
« on: June 02, 2013, 05:12:34 pm »
Finally looked at the preview issue of Zymurgy today, really good stuff! A few questions for the group,
-Are the receipes included in the magazine reviewed/tasted by anyone? How good are the clones?
-What the heck is "zymurgy"?
-General thoughts on subscribing (I think I read you get it free with the AHA membership)?

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
Re: first glance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »
The recipes are usually from experienced and proven home brewers, and many of them have placed in competitions.
Zymurgy is the science of fermentation.
I have a membership, and the magazine comes with it. I enjoy reading it, and have learned some valuable things from it. Well worth the price of admission.
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »
I would have a membership with or without the magazine. So to me it is free. I do enjoy it though.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:59:06 pm »
I would have a membership with or without the magazine. So to me it is free. I do enjoy it though.
+1.  The best forum on the net and AHA membership with its represention for our hobby make the price ALONE an absolute steal.  And the magazine is very good by the way.
Jon H.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 08:15:33 pm »
+1.  The best forum on the net and AHA membership with its represention for our hobby make the price ALONE an absolute steal.  And the magazine is very good by the way.

I hate to let a potential member slip through our grasp but the AHA membership is not required for a forum membership. Still lots of good reasons to join the AHA and if you are interested in Zymurgy that's one right there.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 09:15:50 pm »
You don't have to join but we will all talk about it behind your back and never show you the secret handshake

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
first glance
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »
You don't have to join but we will all talk about it behind your back and never show you the secret handshake
Ok, I joined up today and want to know the secret handshake!
All jokes aside, I joined for the most part because of all of the awesome help you all have provided! Thanks again!

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:22:57 am »
Welcome!