Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dogfish Head sitcom  (Read 4930 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Dogfish Head sitcom
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:28:24 pm »
Really?

Fox buys sitcom based on Dogfish Head - delawareonline.com
The first time Dogfish Head had some major television exposure, it was for its short-lived 2010 documentary series "Brew Masters" on the Discovery Channel. Next time, it could be the backdrop for a prime-time family sitcom on network TV with characters based on the real-life Dogfish founders, Sam and Mariah Calagione, and their two children, Sammy, 13, and Grier, 11. Fox has purchased the show, which would star its co-creator, actor Ken Marino ("Party Down," "The State"), a longtime friend of Sam Calagione who helped him paint the brewery's flagship Rehoboth Beach brewpub before it first opened.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Dogfish Head sitcom
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »
Glad I don't watch TV.

Offline In The Sand

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 06:28:21 pm »
Glad I don't watch TV.

+1 and I like Sam but that's a bit much.
Trey W.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 06:30:19 pm »
Interesting.  So here's a question for everyone, if they made a sitcom based on you and your family, who would play you?  For myself, I would hope they would pick Antonio Banderas but I'm sure my wife would suggest they pick Horatio Sanz.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline In The Sand

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:36:10 pm »
Lol
Trey W.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »
Glad I don't watch TV.

I wonder if they are going to have some yeast related emergencies.
Never saw so much under attenuated beer in my life.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 09:00:43 pm »
Interesting.  So here's a question for everyone, if they made a sitcom based on you and your family, who would play you?  For myself, I would hope they would pick Antonio Banderas but I'm sure my wife would suggest they pick Horatio Sanz.

Don't care who they get to play me, as long as Denny plays my down and out father.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:38 pm »
Glad I don't watch TV.

I wonder if they are going to have some yeast related emergencies.
Never saw so much under attenuated beer in my life.
+1. Me either!  That's my biggest complaint with them. It tastes like all their beers finish at 1.020.
Jon H.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

Don't care who they get to play me, as long as Denny plays my down and out father.

Never met you Keith, but saw you in the video interview from the Magic City Brewfest and I would think they would get Vince Neil to play you.  8)
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »

Never met you Keith, but saw you in the video interview from the Magic City Brewfest and I would think they would get Vince Neil to play you.  8)

Ouch, that's a backhanded compliment if I ever heard one. I'm a fan of the Crüe, but Vince has been looking pretty rough the past few years. He sounds like crap live, too - he sings like very other word at best.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 04:53:10 am »

Audie Murphy, or maybe Tom Selleck, or maybe Johnny Weissmuller...

Wait, wait, I know!  Mortimer Snerd!  Yeah, that's it!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 04:53:18 am »
I'm a 43 year old brewer and father of two. Trust me, I look pretty rough.

Offline Rhoobarb

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 02:00:38 pm »
IDK, considering most of the crappy shows on Fox, I'd at least give this one a look - at least once. 
"Brewing beer to save money makes as much sense as buying a boat to cut costs on a fish dinner." -- Tim French

>^,,^<
Rhoobarb
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicken-City-Ale-Raisers/118689024850197

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »

Ooh, ooh, THAT'S a better idea than Dogfish Head!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 05:35:39 pm »
I would want Charlton Heston to play me, or better yet, maybe I'll start acting like Heston and people will think they are watching a movie about me being played by Heston.