Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Please help our Engineering Senior Design Project by filling out this survey!  (Read 9470 times)

Offline steven2491

• 1st Kit
Hey everyone,

This is my first post. I'm a part of a 6 person engineering team working on their senior design project at Georgia Tech. We're working on a homebrewing related product and are trying to do some market research. If you can, please answer a few questions in this survey. It should only take a few minutes.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1H_PcI-5j8v1SApduXFBUlv9we7-oNOPqMc2RHYzyVEI/viewform

Thanks so much!
-Steven

Offline tcanova

• Assistant Brewer
  • Fayetteville Arkansas
Completed.  One question is a bit wonky, the what types of beer have you brewed Ale, Lager, Stout, Pilsner.  Stout is an ale, Pilsner is a lager they are subsets of styles.
What's the worst that could happen?  Beer?

Wooo Pig Sooiee

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Also, there are a good number of us who use both plastic buckets and carboys as fermentors.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Competed and I agree that some of the questions are a bit to broad:)

If the goal is to design a dedicated fermentation chamber then the questions should be more focused on that aspect like size, cost, means of temp control and ease of use, range of desire able temps, etc.
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Done.   I agree with all the previous posts.
Jon H.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Done and done.
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline Poobah58

• Assistant Brewer
Done!
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

Offline bernman

• Cellarman
Done.

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
Done. I also sent it to my Home Brew Club.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl

If the goal is to design a dedicated fermentation chamber then the questions should be more focused on that aspect like size, cost, means of temp control and ease of use, range of desire able temps, etc.

I agree with this.  If I already have a used refrigerator with a temperature controller, I'm not sure I would I want to pay for something else unless I could see the advantages.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Online dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Please help our Engineering Senior Design Project by filling out this survey!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 06:18:13 am »
Apparently I'm supposed to say "Done".  Done.

With all due respect, I am such a very cheap dude that I wouldn't buy anything you were selling, regardless of how cool it was.  I don't buy cool stuff.  I only buy stuff that I NEED to have.  And I really honestly already have everything that I need.  Many (most??) homebrewers feel the same way.  You'll have a hard time marketing anything to a homebrewer.  Many (most?) of us are very pragmatic people.

It doesn't matter what I say here anyway because the OP ain't listening.  He's only monitoring the link that we clicked.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Please help our Engineering Senior Design Project by filling out this survey!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 07:56:01 am »
Its ok, we're listening

Offline repo

• Brewer
  • San Diego CA
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 09:05:53 am »

I agree with this.  If I already have a used refrigerator with a temperature controller, I'm not sure I would I want to pay for something else unless I could see the advantages.

"Would you purchase a unique fermentation vessel in which you could accurately and consistently control the temperature during the fermentation process, including the ability to lager?  *"

"How much would you be willing to pay for the aforementioned fermentation vessel?  *"

Sounds to me like they want to design fermenters which can be controlled individually. More beer has some, but they are crazy $$$.I do like that they maxed out the how much have you spent on brewing equipment at 400$ ::)

Offline aveteto01

• 1st Kit
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 09:20:19 am »
As a new-ish homebrewer who doesn't yet have everything he needs yet, I would be very interested in what you guys develop; especially if it's fairly priced!

Offline philm63

• Assistant Brewer
  • Agis Quod Adis!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »
Done, and "what they (above) said", and I sure hope they chime in from time to time to look at some of the comments generated by their post. Feels kinda like a drive-by... post-n-run...
AHA Member

On Tap: APA - 1st brew on the new system!
On Deck: Kolsch, IPA