Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Images  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Steverino

• 1st Kit
Images
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:24:56 pm »
Any chance we'll be able to upload images some time in the future? I don't have, nor particularly want to have, an account with flickr or any of the other image hosting sites.

I can see where it might get out of hand, but a simple limit on bytes of storage would take care of that. (NB found a way to do it.)
Beer makes you feel the way you should without beer.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Images
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:44:00 pm »
I don't know, Steve, and it's not up to me.  I'll check, but don't hold yer breath!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

• Assistant Brewer
  • Arlington, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »
Help! I wanna post my mutts on the dawg page, but am completely clueless on how to do so. I click insert image, and try to paste my copied pic into it. Is the pic too big? If so, I know how to fix that....
"In three things is a man revealed: in his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:34:43 pm »
Robert,

we don't host the pictures directly - you have to put them on anoterh site, like your own website or photobucket, etc and then click on the img button, place the url between the [img] tags.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline Robert

• Assistant Brewer
  • Arlington, TX
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:03:32 pm »
Gotcha! Time to update my picassa page!
"In three things is a man revealed: in his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 08:30:38 am »
The reason for not allowing images to be directly uploaded to the forum is that we want to keep bandwidth manageable.  The cost of running the forum is based on bandwidth, so in the interest of keeping this forum alive for many years to come, we opted to only allow linked images rather than directly uploaded images.

I had never used an online photo service before we launched this forum, but I quickly found that flickr is easy to use.

Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline eaholljr

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:44:43 am »
Ok, how do i link my picture using FLICKR? I am new to this too.

-Eldon
IPA makes my day!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:54 am »
Eldon, just click on the "image" button. It's the second one from the left just above the row of smilies.  It will put IMG in square brackets twice into your reply.  Just insert your link in between.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:31:48 am by denny »
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 06:21:30 pm »
Ok, how do i link my picture using FLICKR? I am new to this too.

-Eldon
To get the URL, go to "view all sizes" in Flickr. There's a spot underneath that says "Grab the photo's URL:" Put that piece of code in between the [img] thingees.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.