Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Goose island bourbon co stout  (Read 4116 times)

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
Goose island bourbon co stout
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »
Does anybody know if it's out yet this year?

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Goose island bourbon co stout
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »
I'm hearing in the Midwest it'll be out Black Friday.  That's what I'll be shopping for !  Badass stuff.
Jon H.

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:59:57 pm »
It's a nationwide release on Black Friday.
Mark Gres

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 05:43:50 am »
Cool!  One of my favorite winter sittin' by the fire beers.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:28:45 am »
It drops for the first time in Texas on Friday. I'm excited to see it finally arrive but I also know I'm not sitting in line at 6am in front of a bottle shop to try to get it, so I probably won't get any this year.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:42:11 am »
It drops for the first time in Texas on Friday. I'm excited to see it finally arrive but I also know I'm not sitting in line at 6am in front of a bottle shop to try to get it, so I probably won't get any this year.

I hear ya!  First time arriving in the Denver area, but I'm not standing out in the cold for hours to grab one.  The two stores I talked w/ said they are getting limited amounts and only one bottle per person.   My goal is to get one from each store so that I can have one now and age the other till next year.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »
I bought a 4 pack of the 2013 last week. One of my favorites every year.  I'm gonna have another before I form a solid opinion (then cellar the other two), but this year's seems definitely a little less bourbon-forward than last year's, but really good nonetheless. Anybody try this year's yet ?  I'm curious to see how people think it compares.
Jon H.

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 05:06:53 pm »
I bought a 4 pack of the 2013 last week. One of my favorites every year.  I'm gonna have another before I form a solid opinion (then cellar the other two), but this year's seems definitely a little less bourbon-forward than last year's, but really good nonetheless. Anybody try this year's yet ?  I'm curious to see how people think it compares.

I was in Chicago for the release. My step-son and I went and bought some. I got a bottle each of the barleywine, coffee stout, and Backyard Rye. He got a bottle of the barleywine, coffee stout, and a four pack of the stout. Should have heard the moan in the line when the guy announced I got the last bottle of the rye.

This is my first experience with Goose Island stout and bourbon barrel series so I can't compare to previous years. I can say that this is an amazing beer. I brought 5 back with me (2 barleywine, 2 coffee stouts, and the Backyard Rye) packed very safely in my suitcase and will save them for later years.
Ralph R.

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 05:07:53 pm »
I got a 4 pack of the bourbon stout and a split 4 pack of the coffee stout and barley wine. 

It was the first time trying it, so I don't have any way to compare to past years.  So far I've just opened one of the bourbon stouts and it is fantastic!  A lot less bourbon taste than other bourbon stouts I've had recently, but I thought it was a very balanced beer.  My wife isn't a fan of bourbon beers but she really liked this one!

Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 05:20:45 pm »
I got a 4 pack of the bourbon stout and a split 4 pack of the coffee stout and barley wine. 

It was the first time trying it, so I don't have any way to compare to past years.  So far I've just opened one of the bourbon stouts and it is fantastic!  A lot less bourbon taste than other bourbon stouts I've had recently, but I thought it was a very balanced beer.  My wife isn't a fan of bourbon beers but she really liked this one!

Yeah, it is usually among the most, if not the single most, bourbon forward stouts around and it is less so this year. Still a great beer absolutely !
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:22:23 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:36 pm »
I'm going to pick up a few bottles when I see it. I'll try to remember to post here if I do see it. Awesome beer for sure.
Ron Price

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 07:43:43 am »
Bourbon barrel aged perfection, IMO. Its what I will always strive towards when making BA RIS.

I went to the Black Friday release in Indy. It was like a massive bottle share. Hung out with fellow beer geeks, tried all kinds of crazy stuff, then got to try all the BCS brands before I made my purchase. I hope GI does this every year!
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 09:23:16 am »
Yeah, it is usually among the most, if not the single most, bourbon forward stouts around and it is less so this year. Still a great beer absolutely !

It's been years since I've had it, but I found it to be too bourbon forward for my preferences.  And I like me some bourbon.  For my money, it's also over-priced.  I'd rather have some Dragon's Milk.

I did have one of their BC Rye beers at a AHA event at the brewery a few years back and it was outstanding.  I think they were pouring a number of BC beers, but the rye is the only one that I recall clearly some years later.

I've got a meeting near a Binny's later today so maybe I'll pop in and see if there's any available.  Doesn't hurt to refresh the taste buds.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »
My daughter used to live in Chicago, too bad she still doesn't. :(

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 05:54:20 pm »
Picked up two bottles on the way home.  Will drink one and save one for my planned but yet to happen stout party.  I already have some oak aged Old Rasputin awaiting that day...
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton