Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Equipment at NHC  (Read 7652 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Re: New Equipment at NHC
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 12:02:49 pm »
White Labs previewed their Pure Pitch packaging for homebrewers. They have been using it for commercial product for awhile.

Do you happen to know if they will be sold in different sizes?  It looks like they have several different size pouches on the website, but I'm not sure if that's the commercial version or not.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 12:07:34 pm »
Blichmann is offering 120V 20A boil coils for their smaller kettles.  I am not crazy about the proprietary connector that they designed, but the ultra low watt density coil itself is a step up from a re-purposed  heater element.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »
White Labs previewed their Pure Pitch packaging for homebrewers. They have been using it for commercial product for awhile.

Do you happen to know if they will be sold in different sizes?  It looks like they have several different size pouches on the website, but I'm not sure if that's the commercial version or not.
The other sizes are the commercial pitches.  It's going to be the same size culture just in a pouch instead of those horrible vials that explode all over you.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 12:37:56 pm »
Blichmann always has a new gadget in their lineup at NHC. Not sure if the mashheater/hoprocket gadget is brand new but did get to hear the details on that one. The disposable beer bag (growler) system seemed interesting. I always enjoy walking around and seeing new and interesting inventions at the expo.
They had a prototype hoprocket/heater in Philly, so it is pretty new. Are they selling it yet?
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »
I'm excited that Blichmann is finally getting their Thrumometer in 1/2" sizing!  ;D

Other than that, I wish I wouldn't have went by Sabco and looked at the new, improved Brew Magic. Dang it!
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 03:24:38 pm »
The other sizes are the commercial pitches.  It's going to be the same size culture just in a pouch instead of those horrible vials that explode all over you.

Am I the only person who would be interested in larger pitch sizes being available to homebrewers? 
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 05:53:34 pm »

Am I the only person who would be interested in larger pitch sizes being available to homebrewers?

No.  It would be nice, especially for lagers, big beers, etc., or just when you suddenly realize that you can brew TODAY.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:58 pm »
No one mentioned the automated brew system that looked like a microwave. Can't recall the name - but it only did 3 gallon batches.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

No.  It would be nice, especially for lagers, big beers, etc., or just when you suddenly realize that you can brew TODAY.
That's what dry yeast is for, right?
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 09:12:17 pm »
I agree a larger pitch size would be handy sometimes... but really... I think most people would opt to bypass it sadly :-/
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 06:30:41 am »
No one mentioned the automated brew system that looked like a microwave. Can't recall the name - but it only did 3 gallon batches.

Picobrew Zymatic
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 08:36:56 am »
Other than that, I wish I wouldn't have went by Sabco and looked at the new, improved Brew Magic. Dang it!

You're not the only one!  Mr. Cheap'n'Easy got the full system tour and I'm impressed.  Maybe too impressed....
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 08:37:38 am »

I think many of us would be.  Of course, then we'd b**** about how much more it cost.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 08:38:55 am »

I think many of us would be.  Of course, then we'd b**** about how much more it cost.

+1.  considering how cheap and easy it is to make a starter, i wouldnt pay more for yeast.  Heck, im already pissed i have to pay 8 bucks when i could get away with 4 bucks worth of yeast.
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 08:39:26 am »

Picobrew Zymatic.  Incredible technology.  It doesn't exactly have a gal. limit.  It's limited to 9 lb. of grain.  Although I'm told it has a "high efficiency mode" for high gravity beers.

www.dennybrew.com