Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Czechvar addiction  (Read 1907 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Czechvar addiction
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:34:45 am »
I bought six each of Pilsner Urquell and Czechvar last Fri. Finishing up the last of them: a Czechvar. No worry! Bought another six on the way home tonite!

Ever since first watching Bourdain's Czech episode I've wanted to drink Czech pilsners. And I have. Surprisingly, the Pilsner Urquell is a dollar cheaper than the Czechvar.

As I see it the PU is maltier, sweeter and hoppier than C. Rounder mouthfeel. More depth of flavor and very drinkable. An awesome beer. However, why is it I prefer Czechvar? It's balanced and bitter but not as malty. Very light on the palate. The lingering sweetness is fainter. Not as in-your-face as the PU. But f'ing drinkable as hell.

IMO American breweries could make good beer like this. Why don't they? And these two are the only two types I can find.  >:(

PS
Considered relocating to Czech republic after watching that episode. Seems like heaven.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis