Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: orange blossom honey online  (Read 1735 times)

Offline jimmykx250

• Brewer
orange blossom honey online
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:48 pm »
Just wondering where all of you are purchasing your honey online. So far my best (and only) purchase has been thru dutch gold. Im just wondering if anyone here has found a better online retailer or have you seen any holiday specials? Im always looking for some house stash to make the next batch.
Jimmykx250

Offline quattlebaum

• Brewer
    • Wildhops
Re: orange blossom honey online
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:09:47 pm »
Well i am partial but i always go with my home state. I use it in coffee and have done a mead or two but meads are not my thing. The Holly or gallberry  honey is really tasty this year. It's not cheep but the quality is sold

http://www.smileyhoney.com/collections/orange-blossom-honey-for-sale

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:04:52 pm »
I really like this farm:

http://www.flyingbeeranch.net

Kyle M.

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »
I do love flying bee ranch - they introduced me to meadowfoam honey and I've made 4 batches of that mead with their honey, in addition to about a dozen batches from their other varietals - but for the orange blossom mentioned in the subject, I have been most pleased with Honey Pacifica.  On occasion the cold packed orange blossom has been a little maltier than I like but I haven't found any blossom aroma/flavor that I prefer elsewhere.  Makes one of those "I could share this, but then I wouldn't be able to drink it all myself!" meads.

cheers--
--Michael
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:50:39 am by udubdawg »

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:51:34 am »
I do love flying bee ranch - they introduced me to meadowfoam honey and I've made 4 batches of that mead with their honey, in addition to about a dozen batches from their other varietals - but for the orange blossom mentioned in the subject, I have been most pleased with Honey Pacifica.  On occasion the cold packed orange blossom has been a little maltier than I like but I haven't found any blossom aroma/flavor that I prefer elsewhere.  Makes one of those "I could share this, but then I wouldn't be able to drink it all myself!" meads.

cheers--
--Michael

My Meadowfoam Braggot is just incredible. Meadowfoam Saison, not as good.
Kyle M.