Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How to prepare for newspaper interview?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
How to prepare for newspaper interview?
« on: May 25, 2010, 04:56:58 pm »
I am going to be interviewed by a local reporter for an article about homebrewing.  I will be going through a FG brew session and give a quick overview of the process.  Also, for the photographer, I will set up a display of the ingredients and equipment used throughout the process.  The reporter is obviously going to ask lots of questions, but he told me to think of 5 or 6 things to tell him about such as when I started, why I started, etc. 
Is there anything else that I should do or prepare for before they show up?  The house will be cleaned and I won't fart when they are here.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Yeast infections are only bad when they don't happen to wort.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: How to prepare for newspaper interview?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:59:09 pm »
There are still newspapers around ... in business??  :o

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:03:23 pm »
RDWHAHB

SERIOUSLY JUST BE YOURSELF, LIKE YOU ARE TALKING TO AN OLD FRIEND. AS LONG AS YOU DONT TRY TO EMBELLISH YOU WON'T GET MESSED UP
Don AHA member

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:46:31 am »
Are you sure they want to/have time for a whole brewing session?  I've tried that with reporters a few times and none stuck around past the mash in, once I told them how long it was going to take.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 09:21:08 am »
I am going to have everything started and the boil going before they get here, and we discussed the time it takes.  It sounded like they will stay around for an hour or so, possibly until I get the wort into the fermenter.  The amount of time is one of the first things I told the reporter when I initially talked to him a few days ago.
One of my extract brewer friends will be here from the beginning to see the AG process.  He already spent some time talking to the reporter, so my info will be pretty specific to just AG.

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 05:03:13 am »
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2010/06/13/1006172

It all went well I thought.  The reporter was a good guy, and was very into the whole process.  None of my beers were in bottles, so I gave him and the reporter a bottle each of my friend's kiwi wit that was handy, and both liked them. 

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:03:27 am »
Hopefully your LHBS is gonna give you a commission on all the new gear they sell  ;)
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada