Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: SpaceBalls Schwartz Bier 1.0 critique..my 1st  (Read 5492 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: SpaceBalls Schwartz Bier 1.0 critique..my 1st
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 10:21:22 am »
That's funny, my schwarzbier is called "Liquid Schwarz!" named after Spaceballs.

Per the original recipe, I'd drop the caramunich, but otherwise, it looks like it would turn out a good schwarzbier. I'd almost make it a little darker with a little more of that patagonia malt. Maybe closer to a pound? Shoot for 25 SRM.
Beersk

So no caramunich (crystal) ..?? 

Trust your advice especially since you n I thought same thing..lol space balls..lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the caramunich isn't warranted in schwarzbier. If I ever open a brewery I'm definitely going to have a beer called Liquid Schwarz! It'll be perfect, haha.
Jesse

Offline 2brew559

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 10:38:47 am »
That's funny, my schwarzbier is called "Liquid Schwarz!" named after Spaceballs.

Per the original recipe, I'd drop the caramunich, but otherwise, it looks like it would turn out a good schwarzbier. I'd almost make it a little darker with a little more of that patagonia malt. Maybe closer to a pound? Shoot for 25 SRM.
Beersk

Trust your advice especially since you n I thought same thing..lol space balls..lol

Yeah, the caramunich isn't warranted in schwarzbier. If I ever open a brewery I'm definitely going to have a beer called Liquid Schwarz! It'll be perfect, haha.
Well gonna give the "no caramunich" a shot
And up the Patagonia...see how that turns out
Maybe do a split batch see how they perform/ taste...

So my Formulation not bad for a 1st attempt!

Oh and yea when you open your brewery save me a VIP spot..lol ;)

JUST A REGULAR GUY WHO BREWS!
Aplaudir Amigos Y Amigas  :)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 11:11:28 am »
Good luck!

I guess Kai does put a little dark crystal in his schwarzbier...so perhaps it would be nice in there, but not too much.
Jesse

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:59 am »

Beersk

I haven't brewed a traditional version of the style, but when I saw the original recipe and saw a fair amount of Dark Munich with CaraMunich I was thinking that this may end up closer to a Bock than a Schwarz.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline 2brew559

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 12:10:00 pm »

Beersk

I haven't brewed a traditional version of the style, but when I saw the original recipe and saw a fair amount of Dark Munich with CaraMunich I was thinking that this may end up closer to a Bock than a Schwarz.
Everyone,

So maybe drop the caramunich and sub in caravienne crystal  .25lbs or .50lbs

And up the  Patagonia to make up for the lovibond loss?? As beersk suggetsed??

JUST A REGULAR GUY WHO BREWS!
Aplaudir Amigos Y Amigas  :)