Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mini-keg Kegerator Setup  (Read 5152 times)

RPIScotty

Mini-keg Kegerator Setup
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 06:52:04 pm »
After checking measurements on a few fridges it seems as though the following is doable and practical:

2.4 cu. ft. Kenmore
2 - 2.5 gallon ball locks.
2 tap Tower.

The door liner and freezer would need to be removed but the kegs will sit side by side on the floor with the tank setup on the shelf. Nice and compact.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know very little about kegs and legging setups.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Mini-keg Kegerator Setup
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »

After checking measurements on a few fridges it seems as though the following is doable and practical:

2.4 cu. ft. Kenmore
2 tap Tower.

The door liner and freezer would need to be removed but the kegs will sit side by side on the floor with the tank setup on the shelf. Nice and compact.

Did you account for the compressor.

RPIScotty

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 07:03:07 pm »

2.4 cu. ft. Kenmore
2 tap Tower.

Did you account for the compressor.

Depth is ~21".

In my experience (I worked the warehouse at Sears all 4 years of college), the back shelf accounts for roughly 60% of the depth. So it will be tight but with the inside door section removed it should work out.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 07:29:56 pm »
For sure inspect in person before you put money in, but from what I have seen, fridges of that size have maybe 6" on the floor without door modification. You would need to claim 2.5"+ from the door to make it work.

RPIScotty

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 07:37:24 pm »

For sure inspect in person before you put money in, but from what I have seen, fridges of that size have maybe 6" on the floor without door modification. You would need to claim 2.5"+ from the door to make it work.

Oh for sure. No dispute there. I'd feel most comfortable with around 7" prior to the door mod. That would be adequate enough margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 08:06:45 pm »

Oh for sure. No dispute there. I'd feel most comfortable with around 7" prior to the door mod. That would be adequate enough margin.

Be sure to check out the door on the newer models.  You can't just unscrew the door insides and replace with a flat panel.  Many are now glued in place and are a bi*ch to take off or modify for more space.
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 09:17:11 am »
I have been looking at these.  I think they would be awesome, but I am not ready to commit the $ for new kegs yet, I am still on old pepsi kegs

http://www.morebeer.com/products/torpedo-ball-lock-kegs.html?variant=KEG425&gclid=COujuJSuxcoCFQmOaQod9gYI7Q
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:19:34 am by JJeffers09 »
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

RPIScotty

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 09:25:50 am »

I have been looking at these.  I think they would be awesome, but I am not ready to commit the $ for new kegs yet, I am still on old pepsi kegs

http://www.morebeer.com/products/torpedo-ball-lock-kegs.html?variant=KEG425&gclid=COujuJSuxcoCFQmOaQod9gYI7Q

These are what I'm leaning towards so I could keep my batch sizes small. I'll likely need a small chest freezer though.