Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Still waiting on NHC Entry email.  (Read 3379 times)

Offline cytorunner

• Cellarman
Still waiting on NHC Entry email.
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »
Is anyone else still waiting on their NHC entry email? I applied to the Philly site (plus 2 back up sites) and I've yet to hear if my entries were accepted. I know that the emails were staggered this year but its been a few days and I'm getting a little worried there is a problem. I've tried contacting the Comp directors but have yet to hear back. Thanks for anyone's insight.
Jim

On Tap: Irish Red
Primary: Brown Porter
Secondary: Nothing

Offline jrspruill

• 1st Kit
Still waiting on NHC Entry email.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 03:45:30 pm »
I got my acceptance email Tuesday night.  I am shipping to Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cytorunner

• Cellarman
Re: Still waiting on NHC Entry email.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:04 pm »
Thanks, I've seen a lot of Nashville, St.Louis and Indy. I wonder if they are being sent by the competition dates?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:51:45 pm by cytorunner »
Jim

John_AHA

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 04:24:29 pm »
Thanks for your question, cytorunner.
If you haven't received the confirmation e-mail telling you how to login to the 2016 National Homebrew Competition (NHC), rest assured that we are still trying to get all applicants into the competition.  Everyone who applied during the week of February 1-7, will have communication from the AHA by February 17th.  Thanks for your patience.
Cheers,
John

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 05:29:02 pm »
Everyone who applied during the week of February 1-7, will have communication from the AHA by February 17th.  Thanks for your patience. Cheers, John

February 17th? But what about this post saying that you have to pay by February 12th? Tomorrow!

This is from the email I got

"Entrant notifications are being sent in staggered groups, but if a large number of entrants are attempting to access the software at the same time you may experience slow speeds. If this is the case, you may come back later to finish your entry payment, so long as it is completed by the deadline of 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time on Friday, February 12."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:32:05 pm by tesgüino »

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:35:19 pm »
Everyone who applied during the week of February 1-7, will have communication from the AHA by February 17th.  Thanks for your patience. Cheers, John

February 17th? But what about this post saying that you have to pay by February 12th? Tomorrow!

This is from the email I got

"Entrant notifications are being sent in staggered groups, but if a large number of entrants are attempting to access the software at the same time you may experience slow speeds. If this is the case, you may come back later to finish your entry payment, so long as it is completed by the deadline of 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time on Friday, February 12."

You have to pay within 3 days of getting your confirmation. In that case, and in my case, I got notification on the 9th. I had to pay by the 12th. If you get your notification tomorrow, you'll have to pay by the 15th. This is all in efforts to not big the system down. They've learned from past mistakes and the new process is working so much better. I've not encountered any web glitches or didn't have to refresh 18964 times just to try and get entered. You'll get your email.
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »
You have to pay within 3 days of getting your confirmation. In that case, and in my case, I got notification on the 9th. I had to pay by the 12th. If you get your notification tomorrow, you'll have to pay by the 15th. This is all in efforts to not big the system down. They've learned from past mistakes and the new process is working so much better. I've not encountered any web glitches or didn't have to refresh 18964 times just to try and get entered. You'll get your email.

Yep. No worries. I didn't encounter any issues or delays when editing or printing labels either. That was the point of staggering people.
Jon H.

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 07:30:46 pm »
Yep. No worries.
Well, here's what I'm worried about.

I got an email saying, "Thank you for your application to enter the 2016 National Homebrew Competition . . . " and thought I was into the lottery. But now I'm looking back at a later email that says, "Verify Your Application Details Before Sunday at Midnight Mountain Time . . ."

So, was I suppose to verify something and f'ed up by not doing it?

Getting pretty late. Are they done sending out emails?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:33:38 pm by tesgüino »

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »
Yep. No worries.
Well, here's what I'm worried about.

I got an email saying, "Thank you for your application to enter the 2016 National Homebrew Competition . . . " and thought I was into the lottery. But now I'm looking back at a later email that says, "Verify Your Application Details Before Sunday at Midnight Mountain Time . . ."

So, was I suppose to verify something and f'ed up by not doing it?

Getting pretty late. Are they done sending out emails?

I've consulted the higher ups. Stay tuned please. It'll get figured out.
Jon H.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 08:40:28 am »
John Moorhead, who posted earilier in this thread, is the guy to answer your questions.  Contact him.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline cytorunner

• Cellarman
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 11:05:17 am »
John Moorhead, who posted earilier in this thread, is the guy to answer your questions.  Contact him.

I contacted John on Thrusday and he gave me the same response that he posted here.
Jim

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »
Today is the 13th. John Moorhead says all who applied between Feb 1-7 will be contacted by the 17th. So nothing to be worried about. Patience.

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 01:23:19 pm »
No problem patiently waiting until the 17th, but still a bit worried about what I posted above.

Once I got an email saying, "Thank you for your application to enter the 2016 National Homebrew Competition . . . " was I suppose to verify my entry?

Verify Your Application Details Before Sunday at Midnight Mountain Time

Thanks for applying to compete in this year's National Homebrew Competition. You have until midnightMountain time on Sunday, Feb. 7, to verify and/or update your application.

Use username@comcast.net and 000123456 to log in.

All applicants will hear from us by February 16 with an alert indicating whether or not their entries have been accepted into the competition.

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 01:26:32 pm »

No problem patiently waiting until the 17th, but still a bit worried about what I posted above.

Once I got an email saying, "Thank you for your application to enter the 2016 National Homebrew Competition . . . " was I suppose to verify my entry?

Verify Your Application Details Before Sunday at Midnight Mountain Time

Thanks for applying to compete in this year's National Homebrew Competition. You have until midnightMountain time on Sunday, Feb. 7, to verify and/or update your application.

Use username@comcast.net and 000123456 to log in.

All applicants will hear from us by February 16 with an alert indicating whether or not their entries have been accepted into the competition.
I verified mine since that's what the email said to do.

Offline cytorunner

• Cellarman
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 07:03:33 pm »
Just received my email, thanks for the words and advice. Good luck to all.
Jim