Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Do you strain your hops?  (Read 6192 times)

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Do you strain your hops?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 08:43:48 am »
to OP, hop rocket?
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline Adamg8504

• 1st Kit
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 05:45:37 pm »
to OP, hop rocket?

Are you asking if I know what a hop rocket is or are you trying to figure out what a hop rocket is?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:31:58 am by Adamg8504 »
Fermenting/Aging: IPA, Blonde ale, Spiced Holiday ale, Citra Hefeweizen, Cider, Munich Dunkel, Coffee Oatmeal Stout,

On Tap: Pale ale, RIS, Wee Heavy, Belgian Tripel

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 06:47:26 pm »
to OP, hop rocket?

Are you asking if I know what a hop rocket is or are you trying to figure out what a hop rocket is?

You're picture suggests you are older then 3 years old...maybe you should converse in full sentences?  Just a suggestion.

Be cool.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 06:56:41 pm »
to OP, hop rocket?

You're picture suggests you are older then 3 years old...maybe you should converse in full sentences?  Just a suggestion.

Be cool.

Yeah, pretty unnecessary.
Jon H.

RPIScotty

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »
to OP, hop rocket?

Be cool.

Yeah, pretty unnecessary.

For real. Especially considering you only have 6 posts on this forum.

Offline Adamg8504

• 1st Kit
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 04:31:08 am »
I apologize.  I might have been a little harsh...I'll edit.
Fermenting/Aging: IPA, Blonde ale, Spiced Holiday ale, Citra Hefeweizen, Cider, Munich Dunkel, Coffee Oatmeal Stout,

On Tap: Pale ale, RIS, Wee Heavy, Belgian Tripel

RPIScotty

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2016, 04:33:37 am »
to OP, hop rocket?

I think he is asking if you have considered a Hop Rocket.

Offline war2112

• Cellarman
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2016, 07:37:10 pm »
I sometimes have a lot of hop trub at the bottom of the boiler after siphoning off the wort. I let some go through the siphon. If there's a lot left, I pour it into a muslin-lined funnel over a jug (all sanitised). Over an hour or so the liquid drains out - usually enough for another couple of bottle of beer. Not a great deal, but it has a lot of hop flavour that would otherwise go to waste.

This seems like a great idea. I'll have to try it.

I had a little something similar after I was done draining the liquid from a steeping grain bag into the brew kettle. I drained as much as I could but then after adding DME to the kettle and after the hot break when I could relax a bit I noticed that the muslin bag I had placed aside had leaked a few extra ounces of goodness into the pan I set it in. I was like "oh wow, there's body in there!" I was so tempted to add to the boiling wort and probably should have. This was a stout I was brewing so that liquid was full of coffee and chocolate notes.

No prob, added to my morning coffee the next day. Delicious!