Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chimay Christmas Gift Box  (Read 4737 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Chimay Christmas Gift Box
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 09:15:05 pm »
We spent $500 at Yankee Spirits today. Some of it was gifts but honestly we got 1/10 of what we wanted. Great stuff there. Beer wise  I got a variety of Nightshift, a big bottle of Chimay doree , big bottle of samiclaus, westmalle dubbel, Fuller's London pride.

Sounds awesome, Pete. I was at the LHBS a moth or two ago and the owner (whom I've known as a regular for over 20 years) shared a bottle of 13 year old Samichlaus with me. I assumed it would either have declined unpleasantly with oxidation over that much time or be spectacular. It was spectacular. Dangerously good.
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 11:17:39 pm »
I found the Chimay gift set, but not for anywhere near Derek's price. But still worth it to me to be able to try 4 different Chimay offerings plus the 2 glasses. Also found gift sets of Duvel: 2 bottles plus a single branded glass for $8.95. loving all the glassware(which to be honest, I didn't need)

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 06:37:31 am »
We spent $500 at Yankee Spirits today. Some of it was gifts but honestly we got 1/10 of what we wanted. Great stuff there. Beer wise  I got a variety of Nightshift, a big bottle of Chimay doree , big bottle of samiclaus, westmalle dubbel, Fuller's London pride.

Sounds awesome, Pete. I was at the LHBS a moth or two ago and the owner (whom I've known as a regular for over 20 years) shared a bottle of 13 year old Samichlaus with me. I assumed it would either have declined unpleasantly with oxidation over that much time or be spectacular. It was spectacular. Dangerously good.
This one is three years old. We're planning on drinking it on my girlfriend's birthday next year. The cool thing is that it is brewed once a year, on the Feast of St Nicholas, which is December 6, my girlfriend's birthday.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 04:31:19 pm »

Damn!  Must've been brewed Low DO!  :D

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 04:44:35 pm »

Damn!  Must've been brewed Low DO!  :D

Ha!  I'm betting not. :)  It was just fantastic.
Jon H.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 07:18:00 pm »
FWIW, found that Trooper Beer is also available in a gift set right now. Comes with a nice glass, with Eddie etched in the bottom. Forgot how good that beer was fresh, haven't bought it in ages. The regular bottles of Trooper are more than a year past their drink by dates.

Also found A Tout Le Monde for the first time. Not bad either, but sadly no gift set.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline PharmBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Homebrewing Pharmacist
    • Havencrest Home Brewery
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »
Looks great! I hope this comes out next year!  :P
Jim
Havencrest Home Brewery - 5 Liter/BIAB
Member: Beaverton Homebrew Club, Oregon Mainbrew Guild, AHA