Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Low Oxygen Conclusions?  (Read 32951 times)

Offline Kutaka

• Cellarman
Re: Low Oxygen Conclusions?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »
and when I say that, I am referring to comments such as

"I just want to point out that low oxygen brewing IS the best way to brew."

Comments like this should mean nothing to someone who is 100% satisfied with the beer they make.  It doesn't matter what technique you use if you are 100% satisfied and don't think your beer can be improved.  If this applies to you, then sleep well knowing the low DO people work harder to make beer that isn't as good as yours.   :D

Many homebrewers have a big problem with the word best.  Try to accept what is best for one person is not best for another.  One million homebrewers can claim they make better beer than me.  95% of them are wrong. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »
and when I say that, I am referring to comments such as

"I just want to point out that low oxygen brewing IS the best way to brew."

+ a billionty and eleven
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2016, 03:29:12 pm »
Comments like this should mean nothing to someone who is 100% satisfied with the beer they make.  It doesn't matter what technique you use if you are 100% satisfied and don't think your beer can be improved.  If this applies to you, then sleep well knowing the low DO people work harder to make beer that isn't as good as yours.   :D

Many homebrewers have a big problem with the word best.  Try to accept what is best for one person is not best for another.  One million homebrewers can claim they make better beer than me.  95% of them are wrong.

Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Big Monk

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2016, 04:15:54 pm »
I look at it this way: I live in central NY. My in laws live in Albany. There are many ways to get to Albany from where I live but THE BEST way is the NYS Thruway. Hands down. Now that doesn't make someone who takes a different route a bad person or a bad driver. It just means that if they want to improve their drive, the NYS Thruway would be the route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »
I look at it this way: I live in central NY. My in laws live in Albany. There are many ways to get to Albany from where I live but THE BEST way is the NYS Thruway. Hands down. Now that doesn't make someone who takes a different route a bad person or a bad driver. It just means that if they want to improve their drive, the NYS Thruway would be the route to go.

to follow this metaphor, I took this route and didn't notice much of a difference. In fact the roadway was less preferable than other routes.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2016, 04:28:57 pm »
Might be the BEST road to take "in New York"...

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

ugh, I hate metaphors, and this talk about driving in NY is giving me flashbacks of when I actually experienced NY city traffic. How people exist in that city I will never know....

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2016, 05:04:02 pm »

ugh, I hate metaphors, and this talk about driving in NY is giving me flashbacks of when I actually experienced NY city traffic. How people exist in that city I will never know....
People who use analogies too much
are like... oh crap, never mind

Big Monk

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2016, 05:47:08 pm »

to follow this metaphor, I took this route and didn't notice much of a difference. In fact the roadway was less preferable than other routes.

Hey man, you tried it and it isn't for you. I applaud the effort. Many others are trying it and finding great success. Some of them are long time regulars from this forum. Some are people just trying it for the first time and liking the results. At least you tried it out.

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2016, 06:15:11 pm »

People who use analogies too much
are like... oh crap, never mind

There's two things in this world I truly hate
1) lists
2)irony

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2016, 06:18:03 pm »

Hey man, you tried it and it isn't for you. I applaud the effort. Many others are trying it and finding great success. Some of them are long time regulars from this forum. Some are people just trying it for the first time and liking the results. At least you tried it out.

Thank you, now please stop telling get people it is the only way to make the best beer.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2016, 06:24:06 pm »
I'm fine with the idea that oxygen free brewing if the best, it's the comment that his way to get to Albany is best that made me have a stroke and gave me pink eye

Big Monk

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2016, 06:26:46 pm »
People are finding out for themselves that they can make the best beer they've ever made with the methods.

Notice I said, "best beer THEY'VE ever made" so as to not offend anyone.

Big Monk

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2016, 06:30:06 pm »
I'm fine with the idea that oxygen free brewing if the best, it's the comment that his way to get to Albany is best that made me have a stroke and gave me pink eye

You guys are a tough crowd.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »
People are finding out for themselves that they can make the best beer they've ever made with the methods.

Notice I said, "best beer THEY'VE ever made" so as to not offend anyone.

Lofty goal, buddy. The only way to not offend ANYONE is to not say anything. Even then it's no guarantee