Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tank #7  (Read 10849 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Tank #7
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:11:12 pm »
I don't see it on the website. Boulevard's Tank #7 Farmhouse Ale is: Grape-fruity. Peppery. Fruitfully sweet and hoppy. Golden pale with a long-lasting head. Dry finish. Saison? Much hoppier however me like.

I've sort of sworn off Belgian styles but this is one of the best Amer-Belgian brews consumed lately by myself. It's paired well with the sliced sausage and 100% rye bread. Kinda rustic. Despite this it's a heady intoxicant @ 8% ABV.

So share with a loved one over a simple meal.

Salud
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
Re: Tank #7
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:50:31 am »
I liked that beer when I tried it, but I hadn't bought it in a while. Picked up a 4-pack the other day. I was really blown away by the foam stability, and rocky head, and the crazy amount of lacing on the glass.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:41:44 pm »
I tried it on tap in St Louis and really loved it.  In fact, it sort of inspired me to try using the American Farmhouse yeast blend in a few beers.  Not saying that's what they used but it seems similar.  But, I can't get it here so I can't say if I'm getting anything close to a clone. 
Very nice saison-esque beer. 

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:53:09 pm »
I thought it was like a vamped up version of their old "saison" from the smokestack series (which I loved, BTW).  Tank 7 is a bit more powered up, but is also very good. 

Offline firedog23

• Brewer
  • Just taking it one brew at a time!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 03:20:52 pm »
A friend of mine was working the Great British Beer Fest this year and Boulevard was on the American Bar which had me longing for something homegrown. They had #7 in 330ml bottles and I asked if he would grab some and bring it up to our neck of the woods.  It is easily my favorite American beer.  When I was back at my parents house this past October, it is hands down, my favorite beer. It just does everything right.
In the fermenter:

Up coming brews:
First boil in a bag

Offline kraftwerk

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 08:00:36 pm »
I tried it on tap in St Louis and really loved it.  In fact, it sort of inspired me to try using the American Farmhouse yeast blend in a few beers.  Not saying that's what they used but it seems similar.  But, I can't get it here so I can't say if I'm getting anything close to a clone. 

Same here. I was really inspired by it as well. White Labs 670 yeast is simply amazing.

Although I celebrate the whole Boulevard collection, Tank 7 is hands down my favorite. The whole smokestack series is awesome but this one is very special. I love the American interpretation of the traditional Belgian/French farmhouse and this one is at the top of my list!
Beer is like music. I don't have a favorite. I'll take a well-made example of any style!

narvin

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 03:47:13 am »

Same here. I was really inspired by it as well. White Labs 670 yeast is simply amazing.

Although I celebrate the whole Boulevard collection, Tank 7 is hands down my favorite. The whole smokestack series is awesome but this one is very special. I love the American interpretation of the traditional Belgian/French farmhouse and this one is at the top of my list!

Boulevard Saison Brett is their Tank 7 with dry hopping and Brett at bottling (i.e. Orval style). Try it if you like 670.

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 07:33:00 am »
Boulevard Saison Brett is their Tank 7 with dry hopping and Brett at bottling (i.e. Orval style). Try it if you like 670.

Saison Brett is really good. It's hard to find, though.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 09:17:02 am »
I'm alsso rather partial to Tank 7, even though I thought it was a bit sweet at first, it grew on me.. I like it even better as their Brett Saison which is Tank 7 with Brett in secondary. That's a beauty right there.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Tank #7
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:48 am »
I like it well enough. It's in bottles all over the place down here, not hard to find. We were in helen, GA over the summer and one pub had it on draft by the Liter (which I thought was a little over the top.)

Nice beer overall, but nothing I pick up regularly.

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 08:28:35 pm »
I'm alsso rather partial to Tank 7, even though I thought it was a bit sweet at first, it grew on me.. I like it even better as their Brett Saison which is Tank 7 with Brett in secondary. That's a beauty right there.

I just picked up a saison-brett today.  I already know I like it, had it multiple, multiple times before. :D

Offline kraftwerk

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 12:06:59 am »
Just gotta say, Strange Brewing in Denver has a couple test batches of a new saison on tap called Juliette. It's really similar to Tank 7 but comes in around 5.5%. Simply fantastic! I recommend any locals go try it ASAP!
Beer is like music. I don't have a favorite. I'll take a well-made example of any style!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »
Having this tonight in flutes. Had forgotten what a bad-ass beer Tank #7 is. Nice upfront homebrewesque hop bitterness.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 07:40:18 am »
Found it on draft yesterday, a fantastic beer!
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »
Just cracked into a bottle of this. Damn, this is a good beer! Nose reminds me of an APA crossed with a phenolic hefe, and flavor is like a spicy Duvel with an herbal hop kick. And so easy to drink for such a big beer.

This is one of those moments when I think to myself "why the hell would anyone drink Bud Light when there is beer like this out there".
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer