Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Enartis: WS and ES 123 Strains  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
Enartis: WS and ES 123 Strains
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:51:15 pm »
The Enartis Yeast came. This is a Wine making Yeast, and I am going to use it to make Cider and Wines from various fruits. I am not going to open it yet so that it doesn't get contaminated, but I've got 500g of each.

ES 123

The ES 123 is supposed to make Esters that smell intensely like Apples, Pears and Flowers, and lives to 14% ABV.

WS

The WS is supposed to make Esters that smell and taste like Fruits and Spices, and lives to 18% ABV.

I move tomorrow, so I will start making Cider and stuff soon.

It also have instructions in various languages:

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
Re: Enartis: WS and ES 123 Strains
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:09:40 pm »
WS comes from some early Garagistes, WS is Williams Selyem.

The garagistes refers to a group of winemakers in the Bordeaux region, producing "Vins de garage", "Garage wine". A group emerged in the mid-1990s in reaction to the traditional style of red Bordeaux wine, which is highly tannic and requires long ageing in the bottle to become drinkable. The garagistes developed a style more consistent with perceived international wine tastes.
For red wines this means "bigger, bolder, fruitier wines, often with sometimes a higher alcohol content." The new style for white wines is a more pronounced oak taste with some residual sugar. This new style of wine is controversial, and purists claim that the wines will not age well and they don't reflect well the terroir of the region, nor the typicity of the grape varieties used. Characterised as "winemaker's wine whose attributes reflect a disregard for the traditional handling of its particular terroir"; in light of this, vins de garage wines come from previously unknown estates without proven track record or pedigree. Alternately, such wine is referred to as "super-cuvée" or "microchâteau". The wines produced by these estates often receive very high wine ratings from Robert Parker, and are usually sold at prices driven high by rarity and fashion.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:12:15 pm by Sasha »

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:23:22 pm »
I am not planning on doing this, but I just found this article, lol.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/magazine/jon-rimmerman-garagiste.html

Offline Bilsch

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 03:31:28 pm »
Sasha, according to your stats you've averaged 17 posts per day since you joined.
I'm wondering how you have time for all your brewing and biological experiments? Do you ever sleep?

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 09:03:23 am »
Sasha, according to your stats you've averaged 17 posts per day since you joined.
I'm wondering how you have time for all your brewing and biological experiments? Do you ever sleep?

#IDGT lol

But yes, I do sleep.

We finished moving all our furniture this week and are setting everything up today. So we will be ordering all the fermenting gear and everything soon so that we can start.