Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: San Francisco Breweries  (Read 3601 times)

Offline GarretD

• Cellarman
San Francisco Breweries
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:23:42 pm »
Headed to San Fran next week... looks like lots to choose from. What are the best breweries while I'm there? Only definite stop so far is 21st Amendment before the Giants game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“You must love this country more than I love a cold beer on a hot Christmas morning.”-Homer J Simpson

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
Re: San Francisco Breweries
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 05:38:53 am »
I don't live in SF. But, I would think you might want to visit Anchor Brewing Company (https://www.anchorbrewing.com/).
Enjoy your time there!
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:01 am »
I've only been to 21st Amendment in SF but there's a good bit in the bay area.  Anchor would be cool, one of the classics. 

Here's a link to the SF Brewers Guild - http://sfbrewersguild.org/breweries

Almanac is good for sours.  Most of the other names I don't actually recognize.  There's also some stuff over on the Oakland side.  The Brewing Networks Homebase/Bar Hop Grenade is over in Concord, which is Northwest of Oakland, depending on how much flexibility you have with driving/transit. 

We have friends in SF so I'd be interested to hear what you find!
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:11:17 am »
The Anchor tour was very good when we did it years back. There are many new ones I don't have experience with. One is Cellarmaker which gets good reviews.

It dawned on me the other day that I haven't been to SF in years. We always had a good time at the Toronado. Magnolia is up the hill.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:48:04 am »
The Anchor tour is excellent, but it may be hard to get tickets this close to your visit.

The beer choices at AT&T park are outstanding. Anchor has a pavilion behind center field but every stand has something good, too.

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline GarretD

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 04:29:25 pm »
The Anchor tour is excellent, but it may be hard to get tickets this close to your visit.

The beer choices at AT&T park are outstanding. Anchor has a pavilion behind center field but every stand has something good, too.
Well we lucked out and were able to grab 2 spots for the Anchor Brewery Tour! We we tried on the past 3 trips, even trying weeks in advance, and couldn't get in. Last minute try today and we got spots! Now I need to find some local nano breweries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“You must love this country more than I love a cold beer on a hot Christmas morning.”-Homer J Simpson

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 08:32:42 am »
What do you like to drink, where are you driving/staying and how much are you willing to drive? There's lots of places across the bay area and up into wine country.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing